Anyone using one of the newer Apple aluminum keyboards with a PC desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by burningrave101, Apr 12, 2008.

1. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

I really like the look of the Apple aluminum keyboards and I was wondering if it would work fine running a PC desktop with XP or Vista?? Anyone else using one? How does the wired one feel compared to like a MacBook Air or MBP keyboard? Is it pretty comfortable with a nice feel to the keys? I've never been too impressed with a lot of the aftermarket keyboards on the market, even on the ones from Microsoft and Logitech. They keys always just feel really plastic and cheap usually.

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I have the new sleek keyboard, just running it on my MBP when I am at my desk. I love it, feels great, easy to use.

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

It does work, because I use it with BootCamp and Parallels. The Apple driver for it off the BootCamp driver disc lets many of the special functions (volume, etc.) work in Windows.

4. burningrave101 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I would need to get the Apple driver for the keyboard off the Boot Camp disc in order to make use of the special keys in Windows then? I have a new MacBook Pro so that won't be a problem. Is there a place on Apples site just to download the keyboard driver though or does the keyboard come with an install CD?

5. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Yes you would need the drivers to make the special keys work.
    The keyboard doesn't come with a CD - As far as i know, the drivers come on the leopard install DVD - i can't find any on the apple website.

6. burningrave101 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds good. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up from Amazon.com and see how I like it.

7. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Yes.

You need to build the driver CD using Boot Camp Assistant in Leopard.