Anyone waiting at Fashion Place Apple Store in Murray Utah?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Mickyj13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Mickyj13 macrumors newbie

Just seeing who is going to wait in line for the 5s at the Fashion Place Mall Apple Store in Murray UT. If so, what are the 'rules' and where can we line up?

2. falcora macrumors 6502

I've heard that in years past, they have people camp out on state street. I've done the gateway for a couple years now, and will be moving to City Creek. It will be their first launch. If anyone is looking for that thread, it can be found here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1633465

3. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought about lining up at City Creek. I heard that SLC is a lot more fun than Fashion Place for waiting in line. It's just Fashion Place is closer to work. Maybe I'll head there instead. I'm not sure yet.

4. rumz macrumors 6502

Thinking about it. Last year it sounds like they had maybe 150-200 people, supposedly weren't allowed to line up until the evening before (but they weren't out on state street, I don't think).

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1446467

What I'm wondering is whether 5S supplies will be more constrained than supplies of the 5 last year (due to parts like the fingerprint scanner). Might be ordering one online at midnight and then hopping in line in the morning... we'll see.

5. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've heard that they have been constrained due to the fingerprint sensor, but at the same time, the person that reported that rumor has a terrible track record of giving out Apple info. So it's kind of a crap shoot as to who you're going to believe. I'm hoping a lot of people are looking to get an iPhone 5c on launch day, but people most likely pre-ordered those. I figure better safe than sorry, so I'm going to go at about 6pm the night before and just hang out and do homework. I'd feel really sad if I missed out on getting a new phone

6. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

For anyone who's interested, Fashion Place told me that we can start lining up at 9pm, outside, between california pizza kitchen and The Northface.

7. rumz macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update! Still planning on getting there a bit earlier?

And out of curiosity... which 5s are you planning on?

8. mrongey macrumors member

I'm debating whether to go to Fashion Place or City Creek - this will be my first launch. Any suggestions?

9. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm already there. The line is starting already. I'm 4th.

I want to get a silver and a gold

10. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind. Security kicked everyone out. They insist that we don't line up til 9

11. twitters macrumors newbie

12. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd say about 80 to 100

13. spurzack, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

spurzack macrumors newbie

So cold! Did not plan for that low. Pretty much at the back and glad we'll be entering the mall soon. 8AM is when they'll start sales, right?

Edit: When are they letting people into the mall? I assumed 6, but it appears to be later than that.

14. JaySwede macrumors newbie

They just announced that silver and gold phones are in very short supply. Cautioned that those in the back half of the line probably wouldn't be able to get a phone in those colors.

15. rumz macrumors 6502

People in the front of the line were barely able to get those colors :S

Good time, though-- glad to hang out in the cold with a bunch of great Apple fans :)

16. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was fun. And yeah, people in the front didn't get the colors they wanted. The very first kid was able to get a gold, but not in the 32 gig size. He had to take a 64. I got the only gold AT&T 16 gig that was shipped. The woman next to me didn't get a gold because they shipped no golds for sprint at all. She was only 5th in line. I wanted a 16 silver AT&T but they didn't have any shipped. However I was totally ok with it and got a space gray which I'm glad I took because I found that I like it better. But other people in the line were experiencing serious butt hurt.

Anyone else get what they wanted?

17. rumz macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was really quite surprised. I did not get what I came for (64gb / gold / unlocked), but this is the first time they've had unlocked phones at launch. After perusing twitter for a while on Friday, I realized that many Apple Stores got zero unlocked (T-Mobile) iPhones on launch day-- so it was a wonder that our Apple Store had a handful of them (I was able to get a 64gb Space Gray unlocked).

(I saw a space gray 64gb unlocked 5S go for $1300 on ebay on Friday-- as much as a 64gb gold-- so crazy.)

18. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

What place did you have in line rumz? Were you able to get what you were looking for?

19. rumz macrumors 6502

I was 7th or 8th. Got a 64gb unlocked-- 2/3 of what I wanted ;) most everyone I know who bought a phone in a store last weekend ended up with space gray.

20. Mickyj13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh you were right next to me then! Did I talk to you? I was the guy in the oversized zoo keeper shirt sitting with the teens in the front.