Anyone waiting in line for the iPhone 5S and 5C on the 20th??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Omarbil, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Omarbil macrumors newbie

So i was thinking about waiting in line to get the iPhone 5C here at the Apple store in Birmingham Alabama. I was just curious to see if anyone here would be going there on september 20. Maybe we can hang out while we way. lol

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

nope, gta, college, my new MBP soon, I don't got time for dat lmfao, and waiting in line tho? Why not just order it? Last year I got an iPhone 5 by just walking into a radioshack, granted it was the last one they had, which is Apple's fault because they never made enough

3. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I'll be in line, probably with my daughter.

I'm concerned about supply constraints and, frankly, don't want to wait however long it'll take if I can't get what I want on day one.

That, and I've waited in line for pretty much every other iPhone release, camping out for a couple of them. If you have the flexibility in your schedule to do so, it's a fun experience. I kind of look forward to it, actually.

4. Omarbil thread starter macrumors newbie

cool. Yea thats why i mainly want to wait inline. Everybody who has camped told me that i really should do it. I hope i dont wait in line and by the time i get there they run out. and usually about what time does the line start getting big? i heard people wait from like 3 am or so.

5. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

It depends tremendously on the location. And by location, I don't just mean 'city', I mean the specific store.

This year, I'm in a different state, in a different town. Last year I got in line around 4pm the day before. This year, I'll do some drive by's of the store near me the day before and figure out what I'm going to do then.

6. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I made the line for the iPhone 4 at the 5th ave store.....Never again...lol...I even witnessed someone drop their iPhone 4 and shatter the screen soon as they walked out!

7. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

"Anyone waiting in line for the iPhone 5S and 5C on the 20th??"

Why? You can walk to any Apple store on your launch break and pick one up in 3 minutes flat. That's what I have done last year with iPhone 5 launch :)

8. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

If you are lucky enough to have an Apple Store near you with enough devices and nobody waiting for it.
    I am going to Frankfurt around 6am and will wait about two hours. I don't want to risk not getting one at launch day.

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If your waiting at an Apple store, I honestly wouldn't be too worried about supplies. You het there early enough, you will get one.

10. lynn5707 macrumors member

Has anyone waited at Indianapolis/Carmel Apple store? How early to get there?

11. phr34k macrumors member

Gonna hit the AT&T store thats 2 seconds from me after work today and see if they've been told how many the store will be given for launch, and what time theyre opening. Based on what they tell me, Ill make my decision as to whether Ill bother going up there at like 7 on 9-20 or not...Its Also my birthday that day, so it would be cool if I could snag the phone, but I wont be heartbroken if I have to wait, although having used a 3g for the last few weeks since I sold my 4s im more than ready to upgrade...LOL

12. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Not necessarily true. As I mentioned in another response above, it depends entirely on the specific store.

I've purchased launch-day iOS devices at several different locations in a couple different states. At the store in Maine, I was able to show up early in the morning to get my device. At the store in Los Gatos, CA, I had to camp out overnight to get my iPhone 5 (and I'm glad I did. I was one of the first people in line ... I got my 5 very quickly, I went outside to check out the line. It extended several blocks one direction, then wrapped around a set of buildings, went up half a block, and turned another corner, wrapping back on itself .. and this was at about 8:10am).

13. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Last year, I walked into a corporate Verizon store between classes, right before 10am. There were a lot of people, but it wasn't crowded, and someone was able to help me just as I walked in and played with the demo. They offered me a 16GB version, but I requested a 32GB, and the guy checked in the back and pulled one up for me.

I was out in less than 15 mins, and well on my way to class with my new phone...I must say, it was difficult to pay attention to the professor for the whole 50 mins though.