Anyone waiting in line for the iPhone X in DC?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by kjparfekt, Nov 2, 2017.

1. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

I found out my work is closed Friday so I’m considering waiting in line at the Georgetown Store. Anyone else in the DC area waiting in line for the X?

2. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

I’m in DC but going to Clarendon or Pentagon City to pick up a case. My X will be delivered on Friday.

3. c.brammer macrumors newbie

c.brammer

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Shouldn’t pentagon or Georgetown or Clarendon be all packed by now?

5. c.brammer macrumors newbie

c.brammer

I have no idea ... First time I'm in the US and able to try a line up, so I'm a complete newbie on this part ;-)

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Anyone know the story with Tyson’s as far as what time they allow line up inside?

7. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

Since it’s a mall don’t they not let you line up until later so you won’t cause traffic with the shoppers?

8. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

Clarendon and Georgetown are probably packed now since they’re not located in a mall. I️ want to go just to see the hustle and bustle. I️ did it last year for the 7+ and it was crazy.

9. MMan5797 macrumors member

I was at Pentagon City about an hour ago. No line (didn’t look like they were letting anyone line up yet). They were willing to sell me a case - just had to ask the guy standing by the accessory wall to grab it for me

10. Starfyre, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

iPhone X case?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    5am
    No lines, I think most people preordered or realize Pixel and Samsung have phones that are not bad. Back when the iPhone 6 came out it was a totally different story.

11. ZipZap macrumors 603

12. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Georgetown and Pentagon City are big too...

13. ZipZap macrumors 603

14. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Georgetown and Clarendon stores are freestanding -- i.e., not in a mall and people can line up on the sidewalks outside of them. Tysons is in a mall and so is Pentagon City, as well as Fair Oaks. If I remember correctly the store in Reston is also outdoors as opposed to being within an indoor mall. This all does make a difference....

Tysons is the first Apple retail store to have been established on the East Coast, so it is definitely in its own way forever a genuine "flagship" store, regardless of size and regardless of other stores in the DC area which have or will come along since it opened. Above and beyond all this is the fact that the mall in which it is located serves a huge population all around it in the Northern Virginia area -- a huge catchment area, and this really shows at the launching of any new Apple product, especially the iPhone. Been there at many launches and have seen this first-hand!

Times have changed over ten years, though..... Back in 2007 I was able to get up one fine June morning and make a last-minute decision to go over to Tysons and wait in line for a late-afternoon launch of what was then still very much an (albeit much-talked-about) unknown entity: the very first iPhone. I've never regretted that.

Looking forward to hearing reports as people receive and start using their new iPhone X and am planning to some time in the next few days wander into the Tysons Apple store to have a look and a hands-on "feel" for myself......

Ten years....wow. Apple and we have all come a long way since that first iPhone!

15. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

How’s do you know this? I am pretty sure there will be plenty of inventory everywhere, not everyone wants to spend 1000 for a phone, and it looks like they are improving manufacturing considerably.

16. MMan5797 macrumors member

Yes, iPhone X cases

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Thanks. Do you know if Apple is opening early or regular time?

18. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Anyone going to Bethesda Row? My friend is considering it- she usually goes to AT&T but she’s not sure they are getting any.

19. Bootleg Gucci macrumors 6502

Bootleg Gucci

Hey, you're from the DMV area too? I used to line up for Apple Tysons Corner launches for 5S, 6/Plus, then it seemed easier to do preorders online. I am getting one of each iPhone X color tomorrow.

20. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Apple opens 8am.

If any lines start forming, share! So far sounds like iPhone X might not have long lines maybe because of price and reviews saying it’s not so good?
    When do you plan to be in line? Or are you just going to walk in at 9am or something?

21. Bootleg Gucci macrumors 6502

Bootleg Gucci

Lol, I am going to be in line at UPS CC Hub tomorrow to pickup my IPX's. My friend text me whether to go lineup at Apple Tysons, but I'm out.

22. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Go find out from your friend when he plans to be in line and if he sees a line and you report back.

23. Worldzmine macrumors newbie

Worldzmine

The are about 20+ people at Clarendon, we are coming down to interviews some folks, tell us why your in line.

24. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Your a reporter or YouTuber. What channel should we be subscribing to.

25. kevkmartin macrumors member

In previous years, line-ups have been outside the entrance near the American Girl store. At 7:00am, they have moved the line indoors, and began giving out vouchers, starting at the front of the line, for the number and type of phone each person wants until they run out.

Doors have opened at 8:00am, and they start handing out the phones to those with vouchers.

Once you get the voucher, you can leave and come back at another time to pick up.