premiere
after effects
vegas 5 and 6
acid pro
sorenson squeeze
Dream weaver
flash
and tons more

not sure of the model of motherboard, but i know it was around 120 from newegg.com

ichoosedeath

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2004
Buffalo, NY
R-Bones said:
i have a custom built computer...

512mb ram
320gb harddrive space (2 160gb)
dual layer dvd burner
8 usb ports, 4 firewire, 9 in 1 memory reader
2 videos cards for dual monitors
has basically every program on it:
photoshop cs2
illustartor cs
premiere
after effects
vegas 5 and 6
acid pro
sorenson squeeze
Dream weaver
flash
and tons more
What make/speed of Processor? What is the Make of Mobo? What kind of Video card?

ArcticFox

macrumors member
May 22, 2005
Newberg, OR
I have the following system:

Purchased on the 28th of May, 2005:
Dual 2Ghz G5
1GB RAM
250GB HD
9600 XT 128MB
SuperDrive dual-layer
Standard warranty
No extra NIC
No wireless
No BlueTooth
Comes with Tiger/iLife/etc

I'm interested in trading with you but I need more information. Please email me, fox @ elementcrush .net with your email.

Main questions:

Who made the motherboard?
Does it support PCI Express graphics cards?
What core is the processor?

ichoosedeath

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2004
Buffalo, NY
ArcticFox said:
I have the following system:

Purchased on the 28th of May, 2005:
Dual 2Ghz G5
1GB RAM
250GB HD
9600 XT 128MB
SuperDrive dual-layer
Standard warranty
No extra NIC
No wireless
No BlueTooth
Comes with Tiger/iLife/etc

I'm interested in trading with you but I need more information. Please email me, fox @ elementcrush .net with your email.

Main questions:

Who made the motherboard?
Does it support PCI Express graphics cards?
What core is the processor?

All P4 3.6's run the Prescott core I believe.. A lot could be told from the Motherboard Specs :cool:

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
R-bones where are you, you haven't replied to my pms, i need your shipping address, you asked for pics, and i can send them to ur email, which is undisclosed on MR. please send me an email at my address here, which is also my paypal address, so you can send me the payment, the powermac is boxed up, and i have already made a commitment to another sale that needs me to sell this to you for the price we negotiated.

i am not mad, just disappointed, because you made an agreement and now i haven't heard from you.

please email me to complete this deal,

thanks

DisFrikkenWill

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2005
talk

yeah i talk to him all the time, he hardly comes on here so he probly couldnt get to you fast and at the time you probly was waiting for his reply but you where probly thinking it was a done deal and just packed everything. hes legit and i traded with him before.

R-Bones

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
ArcticFox said:
Oh...we had traded actually for my Mac - I already sent it and he's sending the PC.
that is correct, the time when you backed out, i had started to make a deal with him, but then that went void when we made a deal, i come on this board maybe once a week so i am hardly here

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
R-Bones said:
that is correct, the time when you backed out, i had started to make a deal with him, but then that went void when we made a deal, i come on this board maybe once a week so i am hardly here
understood, but i need to sell it now!!!!!

ArcticFox

macrumors member
May 22, 2005
Newberg, OR
Update - he has my Mac but still has not shipped his end of the deal for over a week.

This is getting a little rediculous, I shipped right after the weekend but no go from this guy for over a week, just excuses. I will keep the folks here updated. :(

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Are you really that naive to ship your computer to someone you don't know? For your sake, I hope he ships the PC to you but honestly, I don't think he will. I would assume you would have used an escrow service or something of the sort..or traded in person. You seem like a chap who trusts people easily.. which isn't really that good in these times!

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Why can't you call him and demand to know what is going on, since he all ready has your G5 in his profile? Please don't tell me you shipped him your machine without getting any contact details other than an address?

R-Bones

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
the police ave come today, and get on aim, it is shipping right away as soon as the ups store is open, i wouldnt rip anyone off, i am shipping

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
R-Bones said:
the police ave come today, and get on aim, it is shipping right away as soon as the ups store is open, i wouldnt rip anyone off, i am shipping
He really called the police? Good for him! I didn't know they dealt with this type of thing.

Muskyto3

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2004
Cali
Dude ask for your pm back and i will trade you for my dell and ill throw in a lil cash i got hella ppl to back me up. TRADE ME

Man In Black

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2005
California
Well, glad thats getting resolved, but I wouldnt have taken that big of a chance in the first place with someone who isnt an established member.

R-Bones

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
Muskyto3 said:
Dude ask for your pm back and i will trade you for my dell and ill throw in a lil cash i got hella ppl to back me up. TRADE ME
i am already sending mine and cash, you arent getting it end of story, quit IMing me

ArcticFox

macrumors member
May 22, 2005
Newberg, OR
Sorry for being so damn slow, I'm on vacation and yes the machine has shipped with a valid tracking number. I can't unpack it until I get back, which will be several days after UPS will attempt a delivery. Just bad timing that's all.

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
Yeah, I'm with others here. Would only trade with people on MR under strict circumstances. A main one being the amount of time I've seen them on the forums. Definitely wouldn't trade with a newbie. I'd tend to trust big names like Arn, Edesignuk, Doctor Q (Sorry to other people I haven't mentioned, there are too many ;) )

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
so i take it that R-bones hasn't come through or what has happened, because i was originally going to make a deal with him, and i am glad i didn't either way.