Anyone want to see trumps "Big Beautiful Wall"?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Oct 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PracticalMac, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

So pretty!
    [​IMG]

comes with instructions!!
    [​IMG]
    (find here and here)

(more here)

Edit Addendum:
    I would only accept the bottom middle 2 that look like a picket fence.
    1. Wild life can still pass though and migrate.
    2. Wind and water will pass though, not causing environmental issues, also sections of existing wall collapsed because it acted like a dam.
    3. BP agents can spot activity to breach the wall, or other trouble.

Some parts of the existing wall needs to be replaced (top drugs more than people), but I highly doubt a wall entire length will stop movement.

2. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

But ass ugly.
    I think the IKEA design is the best.
    Although they may change the color mid production and piss everyone off.

3. BeeGood, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017

BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Looks craptastic, but strangely appropriate. The quality of the design will match its effectiveness perfectly. Great example of form following function.

Oh and I love how the IKEA version comes with millions of parts and one allen wrench :p

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ugh. The only one that is even somewhat aesthetically pleasing is the first one.

I don't know what the heck happened to the third one. The last panel on it looks hideous. Water damage? Not poured right? What? Looks awful.

I question the long term survival of the two middle ideas in bottom row. Not sure how concrete sitting on top of bars will fair long term, especially in the earthquake prone part of border.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It’s literally like going back in time. Remember when you were 7 and laughed at the Great Wall of China? “A wall? Who can’t get over a wall.”

But, here we are. Maybe it’s beauty will stop them in their tracks? A stupid wall is like manning the border troops with bows and arrows.

7. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

They already dig tunnels under the current "fence", so these walls will have to have some seriously deep footers to even stand a chance.
    Best border "barrier" is one littered in land mines between two fences 100 yards apart and armed drones flying patrol on randomized schedules.

8. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Why even go with a new design? Just use what the Israelis use. They seem to deal with underground tunnels all the time, why re-invent the wheel?

9. samiwas macrumors 68000

$20 million to build eight 30'x30' panels. $20 million to build 240' of wall on a flat surface. $1 million per 12 feet, or $83,333 per foot. 2,000 miles = 10,560,000 feet. Now, my math may be wrong here, but that comes to $880 billion. Now, I know that once you scale up production, the costs go way down, so of course the long block of useless concrete won't actually cost anywhere near that. But by a factor of over 40, especially when considering that the border is not all flat and open?

10. 0007776 Suspended

The remoteness of some areas will cost even more so it’s probably a good estimate. Of course I’m sure someone is making a lot of profit off of the deal.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Who want's to invest with me on a Wall Tour tourist attraction? It's an automatic given tons of older FOX viewers will gladly pay to see a wall in all it's glory.

12. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Wouldn’t it be cheaper and just as ignorant of Trump to want gps tags for every Mexican that lethally injects the wearer if they cross the border?

13. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Beautiful Wall Tours LLC: "See a great wall. See the best wall. The best."

$299 fee per adult, $229 for kids under 13, $599 for liberals

14. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Top row all the way to the right. That's my pick.

15. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

You will need to hang art forgeries off it and claim ‘come see the original Mona Lisa and Campbell Soup Can’ they are the real deal, believe me. Not many people know that the Mona Lisa has no eyebrows’.

16. Zenithal macrumors 604

Tunnels and most of them aren't wind resistant. There's no pass through for pressure buildup. The only way these would work is if the buried portion was 3-4x the height. By then, any tunnels would need major bracing to prevent collapse.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I doubt any Libs would show even at $0.99 admission.

Also add Flags for sale ..... $50 USA ..... $150 Confederate

18. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

$300 for the Neo-Nazi Flag, Special Edition

$249 for the Don't Tread on Me Flag, Limited Edition

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Add a free .38 pistol to purchases over $500, and we'll clean up. :D

20. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

Big Beautiful Wall, NRA Edition.

21. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

We'll be rich, I tell you. Rich!

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Looks like the wall seperating the Beltway around DC from adjoining neighbourhoods.

In any case, where is the wall for airports, the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Canadian border?

23. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Any of them will do better then the current wall. I'm all for replacing or repairing the current wall/fence which is useless in some spots like in the video where an MSNBC reporter is interviewing a boarder patrol agent and people are jumping over the wall in front of them. The new stupid 30 foot high wall will stop that.

24. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

People die on rafts and in the back of trucks trying to get here, a damn wall won't stop them.