Anyone watch the US Third Party Presidential Debate???

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by NickZac, Oct 24, 2012.

1. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Anyone? If you didn't, it was a hell of a lot better than the other ones... You get to see a variety of political ideologies...not just two dominant ideologies, and not just a canned debate with scripted partisan-line questions and answers. I thought all four candidates were spectacular, especially Gary Johnson. They really discussed a wide range of issues and subsequent views you would never see on the standard debate... You can't tell me that these candidates aren't worthy of the main debate. Jill Stein got arrested fighting for what she believes in...that's some passion right there. Free of the economic influences that the big two have, you hear some really different things, some which are outside the box reasoning...topics like:

-Civil rights
    -The (failed) war on drugs
    -Poverty
    -Alternative approaches to immigration
    -Climate change and alternative energy (they aren't debating its existence either)
    -Justice system reform
    -Achieving transparency in government
    -Reducing the military
    -How the people should influence government
    -The harm of PACs

I was really impressed. What did you think of it?

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

3. NickZac thread starter macrumors 68000

NickZac

I did not see one for third party candidates...only the two party debates. Did I miss something?

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac