Anyone watching the weather in china, korea, japan, alaska?

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
last year my phone got caught up in typhoon-gate..... hope the weather is better this year....

anyone know of any storms in our phone's flight paths?????

SRLMJ23

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
last year my phone got caught up in typhoon-gate..... hope the weather is better this year....

anyone know of any storms in our phone's flight paths?????
I was with you last year in Typhoon-Gate. My ship date is Nov. 17-24, so I hope by then there are no Typhoons in the area, however, I also hope my iPhone X ships earlier than the date Apple has given me like my iPhone 7 Plus did last year!

:apple:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I was with you last year in Typhoon-Gate. My ship date is Nov. 17-24, so I hope by then there are no Typhoons in the area, however, I also hope my iPhone X ships earlier than the date Apple has given me like my iPhone 7 Plus did last year!

i just read the front page story about orders getting moved up... i hope you are one of the lucky ones and get moved up eventually!!!!
[doublepost=1509146864][/doublepost]
yup. there is one going from around Taiwan up north to Japan
well they need to get our phones the heck outta dodge, then! get them babies on the way and in the states!!!!!

Reactions: SRLMJ23

SRLMJ23

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
i just read the front page story about orders getting moved up... i hope you are one of the lucky ones and get moved up eventually!!!!
[doublepost=1509146864][/doublepost]

well they need to get our phones the heck outta dodge, then! get them babies on the way and in the states!!!!!
Thanks you, I hope yours gets bumped up as well! So far no movement, but hopefully soon!

SRLMJ23

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Our orders got stuck in China or Korea (I cannot remember right now) because there was a Typhoon going through the area and the UPS/FedEx planes would not fly. So we had to wait for the Typhoon to pass and for UPS/FedEx to give the okay for the planes to fly. It was a real pain, and now a Typhoon is brewing over there now! History may repeat itself!

http://www.pdc.org/weather/index.php/2017/10/27/tropical-cyclone-activity-report-pacific-ocean-indian-ocean-arabian-sea-103/

I think my 7+ was on the same flight as yours last year, that was some drama, wasn’t it?! I forget the flight number, but it was excruciating watching it ping pong across Asia and not hit Anchorage for 4 or 5 days!

Reactions: SRLMJ23

SRLMJ23

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I think my 7+ was on the same flight as yours last year, that was some drama, wasn’t it?! I forget the flight number, but it was excruciating watching it ping pong across Asia and not hit Anchorage for 4 or 5 days!
Yes, it was utterly f***ing crazy! A damn Typhoon, really?!?! Now the fact that there is another one that could potentially mess things up is even crazier. Weather has been nuts this year!