Anyone who had their orders canceled by AT&T get a shipment e-mail today anyways?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iron Chef, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Iron Chef macrumors member

I'm pissed that AT&T cancelled my order because their system screwed up on launch day and let me submit 2 orders for the same line.

I got a cancellation e-mail a couple of days ago and made my peace with it. But today I woke up 2 see e-mails from AT&T say my order is still on track for Oct 14 and will be shipping soon?

So I went to check the order status but they still say cancelled.

What gives?!

2. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Gee, maybe they were being responsible and cancelled one but kept the other one alive, and due to the overwhelming system demands, they're busy getting your phone to you and not updating their site minute-by-minute. :rolleyes: Or you could call them and ask yourself?

3. Iron Chef thread starter macrumors member

That's what Im saying though. They confirmed with me over the phone that they cancelled BOTH of them 2 days ago. I even tried to get the rep to reinstate my order, explaining that their ordering system was glitchy last Friday and allowed me to submit 2 orders, when it shouldn't have.

Yet they sent me emails this morning saying they are planning on shipping them still.

So my frustration lies in the fact that I don't know if I'm getting an iPhone this Friday or not.

4. lyrastar macrumors member

I had my order cancelled and have not received any sort of shipping update...

5. railblue macrumors newbie

Got the same email too. I hope this one does not screw me over on apple.com order this time....!

6. lyrastar macrumors member

I just called and the representative had nothing to tell me, just that my shipping still showed 24th-31st. I cancelled (she didn't even try to get me to NOT cancel). I'm going to a store right now to probably get a 4 - I'm on an old Samsung so either way it's an upgrade for me. Really mad about it all.

7. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I ordered from AT&T at 2:30 AM on Friday, October 7th. I cancelled at 11AM that day, got my upgrade back instantly and ordered from Apple.

Today at 6AM I got an email from AT&T saying "Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone 4S will deliver on October 14th."

Then, I typed in the order number and it said cancelled.

Weird haha.

8. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Get 2, keep 1, sell 1!