Anyone who has an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 5 S I have a question for you…

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rtomyj, Sep 21, 2013.

1. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Is the speaker any different? When playing music is it clearer and louder?

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

No difference in speaker to my ears between the 5 and 5s

3. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Damn… Honestly that was going to be my only caveat in trading up. I listen to music daily and it would be awesome to have a clearer speaker.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

ios7 increased the volume a bit, especially with headphones on my 5. Waiting for 5s.

5. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Yea but to tell the truth it wasn't very necessary (for me anyways).

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

I love my 5s - sounds silly maybe but it really does feel like an upgrade for me. Can't put my finger on it yet (ha ha) but there really is something that just feels right.

But I get what you're saying. If you listen to music from the phone without headphones, have you considered a Bose Soundlink Mini?

I played with one at a store today and man, those things are amazing... Hard to believe the sound quality they put out. I want one! They're compact, and support Bluetooth streaming as well as hard-wire connections.

7. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I'm very "big" on speaker quality and have used an HTC One for that reason in the last year. Having switched (iPhone wise) from a 5 to a 5S yesterday - I don't hear any difference. It's clear sound, but no separation or "sound stage" at all. Heck of a phone though...

8. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Just searched it up on Amazon. Out of curiosity, did the one you test out cost $200?

----------

I really do love the HTC one speaker. Was hoping for more improvements one the speaker, but I agree that the 5s appears to be a beast of a phone.

9. radiologyman macrumors 6502

Bluetooth audio inherently low on bandwidth. If size is not a problem, I would spend money on an airplay (wifi) speakers, preferably with long cord for stereo separation, however, third party airplay speakers may be unreliable. I'm using in my bedroom an airport express and old computer speakers with fairly big subwoofer. Real nice on a budget. My living room has Onkyo 8.1 system hooked up to appletv, also with airplay capability. Even better.

10. dotme macrumors 6502a

Yep. I've seen them at Target. Played with one at Best Buy today. Impressed.

11. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Too much for a college student #

----------

I already have an Apple TV so thisight be a cheaper route.. Thanks!
    Edit: Nevermind the Onkyo 8.1 is more than $200 #