Anyone who hasn't removed the factory plastic film?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Q Bert, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

I got my 32gb Wifi paired with a grey SmartCover and this is my very first iPad. I have pre-ordered full body armor from Bodyguardz and I yet have to receive them (it's on its way). I have not removed the factory plastic film since I don't want any scratches. Anyone did the same? Just curious

2. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

I have not removed mines yet as I'm still looking for a case that will prevent scratches on the back. I know it's going to be some people that say that this is stupid but I'm looking at resale value because nobody will want to buy a ipad that's all beat up.

3. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

The display of the ipad doesn't scratsh that easily. There's really no need to worry about that unless you of course navigate with a screwdriver instad if your finger.

4. supermanfan macrumors member

I've already got mine covered with a Best Skin Ever skin. Front and back. Feeling much better than going bare-metal.

5. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

That film got removed faster than a Twinkie sitting in front of a fat kid...

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I'll use your thread to go on record, I hate cases of any kind! They add weight and don't look good. A friend of mine has an invisishield on her iP1, and it looks terrible! I've had my iPhone 4 now since launch day, with no screen protection, and I have a few, very small scratches in the coating, not the actual glass itself. Personally, I've never really cared about the back of my devices, but I did see a thread earlier where someone had added "feet" to the bottom of their iP2 to keep the back from touching any surface...exactly like on the MacBooks. I might try this, other than that, I will use a sleeve to prevent my iP2 from getting scratched in my bag, but naked out of the bag.

7. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

That one was funny. Can yu even use the ipad with the film on it?

8. SFOT macrumors newbie

Yep, still on and it will stay on until I can get something to protect the back. Not so much worried about the front. Works fine. Looks silly but I can deal with that for a bit. Likely will get a skin for the back and a sleeve for travel.

9. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I got mine still on. Mainly to keep my screen from getting all finger printy and dirty. Keeps the back nice too. I'm just delaying the inevitable. Cut out a hole so the speaker isn't muffled. Can't use the lock switch or plug in headphones. Could modify it more I guess. Maybe my smart cover that comes in Wednesday will work with the film on.... Defeats the purpose I guess of the smart cover. Oh well.

10. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Moding the factory plastic, there should be an App for that.

11. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

I still have the film on it, i took it off once to see the quality of the screen, looks good. waiting for a screen protector to be made, i dont like the zagg ones since im hearing bad things about it not fiting right. Since im waiting, ive layed back the factory film cover back on until theres some product to be made to prevent it from getting scratches on it.

12. whyhellojoe macrumors member

13. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

I love the way it looks so I took my film off. Plus it would bother me.

14. Ozy macrumors regular

Ozy

I still have mine on and am waiting for my rear Zagg shield to arrive before I remove it. I did pick up a neoprene case for it today at best buy.

15. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

film's still on mine. I'm either selling it or returning it as soon as my 32 arrives.

16. datapolitical macrumors member

datapolitical

Just to be clear, you got one in line that you plan to resell once the one you ordered online comes in the mail? :p

17. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

I waited in line, with the plan of cancelling my online order. When I got to the front of the line, they were out of 32 3g at&t, so I bought the 64, knowing I could sell or return it when the 32 arrives in the mail.

18. lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

19. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I ripped the film off mine as quickly as I remove a band-aid - very fast. I am using a origami sleeve case that i used for my iPad 1 to carry it in my bag, but when it's not in the case, I use it naked. At some point I might look into another case that totally closes, unlike the original Apple case for the iPad 1 that I thought was horrible.

20. stabile007 macrumors regular

stabile007

Dang that is actually pretty darn clever...I must keep this in mind.

21. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

+2 I like this idea.

22. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

Your SN tells us your IQ is as big as your screen. Newsflash: the iPad's
    screen is bigger. And pls refer to post #6 If you think the thread isn't helpful

23. TheXIIIth macrumors member

I finally took the film off yesterday after finding a suitable Griffin (Elan Folio) case to hold me over until some more third party cases become available.

24. M87 macrumors 65816

Took it off immediately and have been using the iPad 2 naked... Feel good, man. I just need to track down an orange smart cover. Harder to find that than the damn iPad.