Anyone willing to record a quick line of French voiceover for a film?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by hotwire132002, Apr 3, 2010.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

This is probably a bit of an odd request -- but we're working on a short film that's a bit of a parody of "experimental" and "overly artistic" films, and we have two lines of dialog that we'd like to include spoken in French, subtitled in English. Unfortunately... none of the people involved in this little spoof speak French!

If anyone fluent in French is willing to record this line, I'd gladly credit you -- and thank you very much for your help!

We need a male voice, and a slow, "flat" read as if he doesn't care... the line (in English, anyway) is: "My life was average; it meant nothing... until I found the button."

Of course, I'll post the finished short here, if someone is able to give me that quick read... ;-)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out!

2. ScholarsInk macrumors regular

PM me the line if you want. I'm not a native speaker, but I grew up around them and used to teach French so my pronunciation is quite good.

3. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

The system isn't letting my PM you, but the line in English is:
    "My life was average; it meant nothing... until I found the button."

Google Translate says the French version is:
    "Ma vie a été en moyenne, il ne voulait rien dire ... jusqu'à ce que je trouve le bouton."

Of course, Google Translate isn't always very accurate, so if you have a more accurate translation feel free to use it.

If you'd like me to credit you, just let me know what name to mention! Feel free to contact me either via this thread, PM, or email.

Thanks in advance.

4. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, if anyone is interested, here's the short: http://www.vimeo.com/10662085

We couldn't get the line recorded in French in a timely manner, so we ended up using an excerpt from the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen concerning freedom of expression, subtitled ("incorrectly") in English with the aforementioned line. I figure it adds to the "cliché, overly artistic" feel of the film.

Enjoy ;-)

5. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

I liked it.

6. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Thanks. It was a fun weekend project. :)