Anyone with a 4S and a GS3 with plans to keep both?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daviddcmd, Aug 2, 2012.

1. daviddcmd macrumors member

Apr 22, 2010
  2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

Jun 12, 2012
    I had both and dumped the gs3 within the 14 day return period. The screen was nice and LTE was fantastic, but I liked IOS better. Plus, spending $600 on the s3 when the new iphone is right around the corner, and i know i want that, seemed silly.

If i wanted the best of both worlds, I would go with the Nexus b.c A) it is cheaper and B) already has JB and will get the newest OS
  3. Want300 macrumors 65816

Oct 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    I used to have an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy S2...

Now, I just have a white and a black iPhone 4S, AT&T and Sprint respectfully.
  4. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Jan 8, 2009
    I'm a dope as well. ::D

I MUCH prefer the GS3 and is by far my main phone now, but there are a couple of things the GS3 can't do, like anything that needs low real time audio latency (guitar amp simulators, etc). Plus, I own movies / TV shows that are Apple DRM specific that can only play on an iOS device.

Jelly Bean is solving the Android audio latency issue and I'll eventually convert over to non-Apple TV shows and movies, so I don't suspect I'll be using the 4S or any Apple device for much longer unless they completely wow me with the iPhone 5, which is not going to happen with a 4" screen and no microSD.

Yes, but the HUGE issue with the Nexus is only 16GB internal and no expandable microSD memory. Total deal breaker for me.
  5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

Jun 12, 2012
    I basically store everything in some sort of "cloud", so storage is irrelevant to me. I could get by with 4gb. I stream music and don't watch movies on my phone :) I know people want 32gb base iphones, but b.c cloud storage I doubt that will ever happen.
  6. davidlw macrumors 6502a

May 19, 2008
    I have both, GIII with AT@T and iPhone 4s with Verizon. I am a traveling salesman and no matter what area that I am in, I can get reception from one of these two phones. These phones are my lifeblood and so I shell out the bucks for one on each network.