Anyone with a 4S and a GS3 with plans to keep both?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daviddcmd, Aug 2, 2012.

1. daviddcmd macrumors member

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I had both and dumped the gs3 within the 14 day return period. The screen was nice and LTE was fantastic, but I liked IOS better. Plus, spending $600 on the s3 when the new iphone is right around the corner, and i know i want that, seemed silly.

If i wanted the best of both worlds, I would go with the Nexus b.c A) it is cheaper and B) already has JB and will get the newest OS

3. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I used to have an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy S2...

Now, I just have a white and a black iPhone 4S, AT&T and Sprint respectfully.

4. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I'm a dope as well. ::D

I MUCH prefer the GS3 and is by far my main phone now, but there are a couple of things the GS3 can't do, like anything that needs low real time audio latency (guitar amp simulators, etc). Plus, I own movies / TV shows that are Apple DRM specific that can only play on an iOS device.

Jelly Bean is solving the Android audio latency issue and I'll eventually convert over to non-Apple TV shows and movies, so I don't suspect I'll be using the 4S or any Apple device for much longer unless they completely wow me with the iPhone 5, which is not going to happen with a 4" screen and no microSD.

----------

Yes, but the HUGE issue with the Nexus is only 16GB internal and no expandable microSD memory. Total deal breaker for me.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I basically store everything in some sort of "cloud", so storage is irrelevant to me. I could get by with 4gb. I stream music and don't watch movies on my phone :) I know people want 32gb base iphones, but b.c cloud storage I doubt that will ever happen.

6. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I have both, GIII with AT@T and iPhone 4s with Verizon. I am a traveling salesman and no matter what area that I am in, I can get reception from one of these two phones. These phones are my lifeblood and so I shell out the bucks for one on each network.