Anyone with an Phone 5 on EE hoping to upgrade should read this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andeify, Sep 8, 2014.

1. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Anyone with an Phone 5 on EE hoping to upgrade to the iPhone 6 should read this.

I pre ordered my iPhone 5 for launch day on Orange because EE didn't exist then, and a month later switched to EE for 4G. What I didn't realise at the time was this extended my contract and my upgrade date was moved a month later.

I was worried that this would delay or cause problems upgrading to the new iPhone 6 (you know how long it can take to get in touch with them after an announcement) so I called 150 (press 1, then 2) and explained my situation and they kindly moved my upgrade date forward so that I won't have problems upgrading to the iPhone 6.

They might have some early upgrade offer when the time comes but I wasn't going to take the chance.

Hope this helps

2. Cryates macrumors 65816

3. andeify thread starter macrumors 6502

andeify

4. Cryates macrumors 65816

Ah, okay...that's why your post wasn't making sense to me...continue lol

5. jon8214 macrumors regular

I had the same problem as you initially got ip5 on orange the transferred to EE on launch. I phoned to check my upgrade date and they said it was 17th Sep on their system which i found rather coincidental.

6. Nee412 macrumors 6502

I never moved my iP5 over to EE. I had the option at the time, but I built up a really good deal with Orange because I've been with them for years. My contract finished in August, and this time I want the 4G over the price plan. I'll be swapping to EE with an iP6 as soon as they launch.

I hope they offer early upgrades for you guys that switched. It'd be harsh to have to wait whilst the stock levels inevitably slip!