Anyone with ATT unlimited data contemplate S3 or Note to get an iPad like experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I am jealous of all the iPad LTE users who are grandfathered in with unlimited plans. Unfortunately (but very fortunately) I am grandfathered into an AT&T unlimited iPhone plan. The problem is that I can't transfer this unlimited data plan to the iPad.

The only solution I could think of is to just get a phone with a much bigger screen. Granted it isn't the same as an iPad but the S3 has an almost 5 inch screen and the Note 2 has a 5.5 inch screen.

Anyone else contemplate doing the switch to get more of a tablet like experience like an iPad LTE? BTW, this thread isn't to bash either the iPhone or the S3. Because I can always switch back to the iPhone later on. But this is the best "ghetto" way I can think of in getting a tablet with an unlimited plan.

2. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Since when did tablets EVER have unlimited on AT&T? Afaik it was session based (after tiered data was introduced) and always tiered even after they introduced it to where you could put it on a post paid plan....

3. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Original iPad has unlimited data and many are grandfathered into it to this day (same as iPhone).