Anyone with ATT unlimited data contemplate S3 or Note to get an iPad like experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

Apr 4, 2011
    I am jealous of all the iPad LTE users who are grandfathered in with unlimited plans. Unfortunately (but very fortunately) I am grandfathered into an AT&T unlimited iPhone plan. The problem is that I can't transfer this unlimited data plan to the iPad.

The only solution I could think of is to just get a phone with a much bigger screen. Granted it isn't the same as an iPad but the S3 has an almost 5 inch screen and the Note 2 has a 5.5 inch screen.

Anyone else contemplate doing the switch to get more of a tablet like experience like an iPad LTE? BTW, this thread isn't to bash either the iPhone or the S3. Because I can always switch back to the iPhone later on. But this is the best "ghetto" way I can think of in getting a tablet with an unlimited plan.
  2. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2012
    Since when did tablets EVER have unlimited on AT&T? Afaik it was session based (after tiered data was introduced) and always tiered even after they introduced it to where you could put it on a post paid plan....
  3. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Apr 4, 2011
    Original iPad has unlimited data and many are grandfathered into it to this day (same as iPhone).