Anyone with iPhone 4 still rocking older IOS than 5.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohnbro, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ijohnbro macrumors regular

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I don't see any reason to stay on any 4.x OS unless you're using the gevey sim. :p iMessage alone is worth it. With that said, my younger brother is using the sim and he's fine sticking with 4.3.5.

3. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

and those who prefer an untethered JB

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I literally have to be an update cop on people as there are people out there who thinks you need a 4S to use iOS 5 :-/.

I am glad updating is built into iOS 5 now.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Most of my iPhone carrying friends aren't techies and never plug their iPhones into iTunes.

They have no idea that there's new software available for there phones. The couple that do think u have to take a class(exaggerated) to know how to get the new software.

It amazes me how many people buy these smartphone devices just for the cool factor and don't bother to find out what really makes these things special.

If you ask the average android user why they chose their phone over an iPhone they say things like..."because it has a big screen and it's more funner!" FUNNER?!! I always assume thy are speaking of the busier interface with all of its widgets and live wallpapers. They care nothing about the ecosystem or how integrated google services are

I had a friend who had just bought an iPhone 4 on Friday. She tried to FaceTime me on I75 going north to Jacksonville! SMH

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

i get that all the time. i asked all my fellow employees over the weekend if they updated their iPhone with the latest software. they were clueless on what i was talking about. granted some were a bit older and have no clue what software even means. it's funny at times. some have had their iP4 since launch and haven't plugged it into iTunes at all.

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

4.2.1/iP4 & 4.3.3/iPad1 here, both JB'd. Husband's on 4.3.5 stock for both of his devices and won't upgrade until the bugs are a little more worked out. We're already playing tech support to friends who've upgraded iPhones or iPads to 5.0, and that enough to remind us that we both vastly prefer stable working devices over shiny "new" features we don't need or want.

Our phones & tablets are tools we rely on, not toys. Consequently, we tend to be of the "if it ain't broke..." mindset.