Anyone with MBP 13" 2012 i7/8GB/SSD Confiig?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eahdawn, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Eahdawn macrumors member

Just wondering is this setup worth getting over an Air? Purchasing my first Mac this Friday, and want to make sure I'm buying the perfect machine. I realize that the processor is faster on the Macbook Pro, which would come in handy as I'm going to college studying Computer Science in the coming weeks. I also realize the screen resolution difference is pretty significant, but the machine being faster overall is a bigger win for me.

Also, when purchasing a Macbook Pro 13" i7/8GB and replacing the 750GB HDD w/ an SSD, does that SSD come TRIM enabled? Can someone enlighten me further as to what TRIM is/does?

Sorry for rambling on, but the excitement is getting to me. :) Thank you for reading!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Please review the TRIM wiki I could create a write up, but it would be inferior to what you get there.

The 13" MBP gives you an optical drive, upgradeable ram, more ports and a better display and a faster CPU

3. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

You can enable trim yourself. There is a thread how to do that. I'm pretty sure trim clears memory blocks on the ssd if there isn't any info on it. Its a way to maintain the speed of the ssd. Just google it.