Anyone with really clicky home button on 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creativedogmedia, Oct 6, 2013.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Mine is clicky, especially after not using for a minute and grabbing device to use. Can take thumbnail and barely push at bottom of button by ring (without actually pushing home button completely) and it clicks. Anyone else? Replacement should be interesting since my Apple store still has lines each morning.

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Your white box replacement has nothing to do with in store supply.

Mine has a slight click depending on how hard I push it, without seeing/hearing yours I can't make a judgement if it's "normal" or not.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Mine is pretty clicky but I prefer that to the "mushy" home buttons of past devices. I'm happy with it.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Please remember that the button is different on the 5s, due to the TouchID.

Mine is definitely different than my 4s and 5 were, but I expected that.

5. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Definitely not mushy. It shouldn't click without actually pushing it all the way in but it does. Distinct sound, too. I'll check with my store. Thanks.

6. lovelybai macrumors member

I just replaced mine, sometimes it is even hard to click with a strong clicky sound. They agree it is absolutely their issue. You should replace it ASAP to avoid getting a refurb one. They might have some in stock for exchange and if not, they will try to contact nearby stores.

7. Spacial macrumors 6502

Although they're different that buttons of the past. It's a legendary weak spot for Apple. Nothing to worry about till it quits.

8. thewhitetower macrumors member

thewhitetower

Home button on my 5S Space was extremely clicky....(I returned this for a bigger capacity and different colour - not b/c of the home button)

Home button on my new 5S Silver is more solid and it takes effort to make it 'click'...definately a difference between the 2 and more consistent with the feel of the 5C home button...this one is perfect - except the sim tray is slightly recessed - not a deal breaker but it would have been nice if it sat flush with the surround...anyone's else slightly recessed??

9. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Mine clicks loud when I press it hard? Whenever I replace buttons on iPhones the new ones always have a fair amount of (click) to them and all of the failed ones have a mushy effect or have lost their clicking ability alltogether.

10. richlee111 macrumors regular

Same here. It started within 2-3 days after I got the phone. When I first got it, there was definitely a solid clicking feel where you get a good kickback after you pressed the button. After it went mushy, you get this loose clicky feedback after you press it. I don't feel that there's any issues with the button not working as designed, but its more of a bad feeling whenever I click on it. Since its still under warranty, I'll wait a little bit before taking it in. Its always a pain to back-up/restore everything again:cool:

11. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

If you push directly in the centre of the button it will click, if you push on the edges it doesn't

12. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Just tried this and you are correct.

13. mazz0 macrumors 65816

mazz0

Mine has a sharp clicky feel to it, but I don't think it's as you're describing - you have to press properly to get it. I like it, hope it doesn't fade as other people have said theirs have over a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the %s home buttons had a much shorter life than old ones though.

14. deraj090 macrumors regular

15. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yep.

For the hundredth time now, it's a button.

16. hbcubs macrumors member

mine is certainly "clickier" than my previous iPhones.

17. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Opposite for me.

----------

All buttons click? Wasn't aware of that.

18. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Last night while I was laying in bed, I realized what the iPhone 5s Home Button Click reminded me of!!

It reminds me of the Click from an Apple TV Remote! lol

I actually like the click/feel of the Home Button on the 5s.

19. WilliamG, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

WilliamG macrumors 604

Yep it really does remind me of the Apple TV remote. It's unquestionably louder and more noticeable than iPhones up till this point. They all do it. You can press the Home button more toward the bottom and it's very quiet. The higher the location of the press, the louder it is.

I don't care for the noise (comes across as cheap), but that's just how it goes.

20. kshen1 macrumors member

kshen1

Yeah, for me the click is definitely different from my 5. I've gotten used to it, though.

21. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Clicky: yes compared to previous iPhones.

Matters: not much.

22. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

WHY IS EVERYONE FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE HOME BUTTON BEING CLICKY?! I've seen like 10 topics on this...

Couple of things to point out:

1. New phones will have more rigid and stiff buttons, they will wear in.

2. The home button is redesigned, it's no surprise that it may feel different than past iPhone home buttons.

3. Why does it matter if it's "clicky", what would bother me is if the button wasn't "clicky" and barely had a push to it and was too soft.

I'm sorry, I don't get how the home button feel on the 5S is at all annoying or a cause for concern. "Clicky" buttons are good.

23. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Went to Apple Store today....initially, they wouldnt replace it. Despite my business team agreeing it wasn't supposed to do it and that one of them was going to swap theirs once inventory picked back up....I told him that I wanted to return the phone, then...He magically came back out and said they would replace. Crazy, the new home button sounds nothing like the previous one...

24. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I think its all in your head

25. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

No...it's not.