Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munchkinsdad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Hi all,
Hope this is a proper thread, but who has ipad 2 running Siri? If so, do you have dictation available or is that not an option right now? She's running with no issues on mine as far as speaking to it, but I have no dictation capabilities. Does anyone know of a fix for this if it's an option?
Thanks!

Munchkinsdad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
No, nothing at works... They are still troubleshooting with me. It seems like the iPad is not connecting to service. There are many others who have it working great, just not me :(

falstaffpac

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I got my iPad2 up and running with Siri this AM and using iMZDL's Siri proxy server. It took a couple false starts to get Spire installed. After some research, I learned there is a conflict between Spire and My3G. Once I removed My3G, everything went fine.

Now I have to learn how this Siri thing works.

Munchkinsdad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
I got my iPad2 up and running with Siri this AM and using iMZDL's Siri proxy server. It took a couple false starts to get Spire installed. After some research, I learned there is a conflict between Spire and My3G. Once I removed My3G, everything went fine.

Now I have to learn how this Siri thing works.

I don't have dictation on mine...how about you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.