Anyone with the new T-Mobile iPhone try Simple Mobile or Solavei?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pinkstiletto66, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Pinkstiletto66, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013

Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

Upon browsing the forums I found Simple Mobile. My friend either has this or Straight Talk, I think it's the latter. The problem with his phone is he can't receive mms on his droid for whatever reason.

Anywho, while trying to see what would work out more economically for myself I came across Simple Mobile and for $50 you get unlimited 4g, although I read that you get throttled at 4/5 GBs, anywho that is still a better deal for me than the $30 100 minute if the data ends up being the same, still figuring it out though.

So in short anyone have any recent experience with this company? I searched the forum but the responses were before the new tmobile iphone 5 came out. Thanks.

Edited: I added Solavei as well. I'm not trying to use it to get money because it appears to be some kind of marketing thing, I just want the service.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

You only get 1.5-2GB before throttling on simple mobile.

3. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

i think u get a better deal with T-Mobile $50 uncarrier plan

4. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Isn't it the same Tmobile network though? Plus Tmobiles plan includes state taxes I was told.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

No roaming. Check the coverage map for prepaid and mvnos on the Tmobile website. It's different

6. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oooo. Thanks.

7. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

I would do T-Mobile just for the better customer service alone. Everyone that I know that was on simple moble changed over to T-Mobile.

8. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. It's easier.

9. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

why don't you get $45 GoSmart mobile........Unlimited Everything + 5GB Data (Un-throttled) its owned DIRECTLY by T-Mobile as well so you know the service will be great.

you can pick up the SIM from eBay for $39 (I spoke to the guy who sells them as he includes his phone number in the listing) and refill through him over the phone (he is located in Florida) and he wont charge you tax. I'm planning to do that after my current Straight Talk subscription expires because being on AT&T towers Straight Talk is causing me problem....Dropped calls, Static in line, my callers complaining of my line coming as busy when I'm not even on my phone) etc. I think they are silently telling me to get the T-Mobile Straight Talk SIM

10. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

None of them. They're all junk because it's TMobile's network.

Get a straight-talk AT&T sim. At least, you're guaranteed 3G pretty much everywhere.