Anyone's 9/21 delivery never arrive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Domino8282, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

My wife and I both had phones pre-ordered for 9/21 delivery from apple.com, to the same address. Mine (64GB Black) arrived around 11am on 9/21 while my wife's 64GB White has said "On Vehicle for Delivery" since yesterday morning and never arrived... no attempt or anything. Funny thing is my wife's said it would be delivered by 10:30am Fri while mine just said delivered by end of day.

We called UPS several times yesterday. The 800-number support is clueless... all they know is what we see on tracking. They do not communicate with the HUB so beyond tracking info they know nothing. They were certain that it would be delivered today because they have a special agreement with Apple to deliver these on Saturday.

However, today we went down to the UPS Hub nearby, and they spent about an hour searching through hundreds of boxes for ours, and couldn't locate it. The manager at the local Hub was extremely friendly but said due to the sheer volume they didn't have the staff today to locate it. She checked with the drivers and said that it was not on a vehicle... Frustrating that it was there somewhere in the huge piles of boxes, but they simply couldn't find it.

Called Apple and the rep was clueless to the point of almost being rude. She was insistent that the tracking said it was "On Vehicle for Delivery." When I told her I spoke to a manager at the local hub, she said "I'm confirming right now that it's on the truck and will be delivered today. Would you like the tracking number?" (um... lady, I've been tracking it since before it was e-mailed to me) I guess I will call Apple again tomorrow. Surely on a Sunday they will realize that something indeed went wrong.

The manager at UPS said she flagged it to be held when everything is re-scanned on Sunday night, so hopefully we can pick it up first thing Monday morning. I just hope that it hasn't been lost or stolen. The fact that there's no delivery exception or any activity since it was loaded onto the truck Friday morning has me nervous.

Anyone else having issues like this with UPS?

-----
    tl;dr: My phone arrived Friday, my wife's has said "On Vehicle For Delivery" since Friday morning and it's now Sat. afternoon. UPS sucks.

2. ryanp1000 macrumors newbie

I placed my package on hold to be picked up yesterday morning. I went in and the UPS clerk had no idea where the package was even though they saw in the system I placed it on hold. I called UPS today and it is still missing and now they can't get back to me until Monday to give me an update. That last thing the package has noted is an arrival scan into the local hub.

I am beyond frustrated, I guess I have to understand though with thousands of packages a few are going to get lost in the cracks.

3. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Yeah... :( Misery loves company and I have to admit, it's nice knowing that we aren't the only ones who've gotten screwed by UPS. Thing is, if she gets it Monday, no big deal. If it turns out to be lost after Monday, that's going to suck. Just wish we knew more.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

This kind of think happens, but the reaction from Apple CS seems out of line. I'd send a complaint to Apple about it. Who knows, maybe you'll get something for your inconvenience? If not, at least they are aware of one other person who needs some re-training.

Hopefully it's just at the bottom of a pile and UPS will have it for you Monday.

5. ryanp1000 macrumors newbie

If the package has been undeliverable for 24 hours past the time it was suppose to be delivered, it can be considered lost and Apple can send out a new one... at least according to an Apple rep I spoke with. For some reason though he didn't understand that it has been over 24 hours since my supposed delivery time (10:30 AM on Friday, or 8 AM when I went to try to pick it up... which ever you want to go with) and he told me I had to wait until Sunday to request a new phone.

The rep couldn't give me a time frame for when the phone would reship if I were to request a new one, but I saw another person on the forum get a replacement phone reshipped out the same day!

6. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Yeah I'm more upset that the Apple Rep didn't believe/understand the situation than anything... will call back either later tonight (Sat.) or Sunday when they can't deny the situation and pretend like it's still truly out for delivery...

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If UPS says it is on the vehicle for delivery, there is very little to nothing that Apple can do. Why would anyone call them? They gave it to UPS. It is in the process of being delivered.

Again, Apple gave it to UPS. UPS says they got it.

I have no idea how the discussion went with Apple, but it you expected them to do something about it at this point, it of course would not go well.

Sorry they have having trouble locating it, but they will. If not, then a claim for lost shipment will then go back through Apple.

8. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Only thing that worries me about calling Apple again at this point is that if they do ship a replacement I'm guessing they will issue some kind of recall for the missing package, so if it does turn up at the UPS Hub on Sunday, they'll probably ship it back to Apple and then we'll have to wait even longer for the new one to arrive... Maybe I should wait until Sunday night or Monday morning to call again... Argh.

----------

My only reason for calling Apple is that at one point, a UPS rep I spoke to told me to /shrug...

The fact is that UPS can't do anything to compensate us, whereas Apple can.

9. carrerascott macrumors regular

I live in Virginia and mine was on a truck for delivery in Boston, MA yesterday. :(

Supposed to show up on Monday now.

I called Apple and they did ply me with about $150 of free accessories though. :)

10. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Ouch... Sorry guys. I wish there was something that I could do. Hope it works out...

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Probably said that only to get an annoying customer off their back.

You're treating it as if it's permanently lost already.

12. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Actually, this happened last year too, to many people. The volume was so large that eventually, UPS just stops delivering for the day and they picked it up the next business day. I remember a bunch of people getting pissed they they didn't get their phone until the following Monday. I also think, last year, a few got it Saturday, but most on Monday.

13. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Update: Spoke to Apple again and they simply don't know what's going on (and I don't expect them to at this point)... At least this agent was friendly and seemed to understand what I was saying. This agent was still convinced that it was on the truck and would be delivered today, even though it is now 8:30pm on Saturday and has said "On Truck For Delivery" since Friday morning.

I'll give them a call Sunday. Again, for anyone who still thinks it's silly to be calling Apple - the only reason I'm doing so is because UPS told me to contact the shipper if it turns out to be lost. UPS can't send a replacement, Apple can.

----------

Why are people around here so hateful? I'm not being annoying, I'm trying to locate a package that wasn't delivered when it was supposed to be. I guarantee that if it was your $900 device that hadn't been delivered on the date showing up on tracking, you'd be making a few calls too. Or would you just sit back and do nothing? I swear, some people around here just log in to take out aggression on strangers and contribute nothing helpful.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If it was mine, I would be pissed. I also would not have been calling Apple on Fri or Saturday. Nor would I be calling UPS - maybe one call to UPS, but not repeated.

I would not be calling anyone on Sunday. They do not make deliveries on Sunday.

I would either just wait until Monday, or maybe call UPS once and see if they can locate it.

Of course they may say to call Apple as only Apple can replace it. Standard reply. I would not be calling Apple until Monday in case it showed up on Monday.

I just do not get why someone cannot wait one business day for this to be sorted out. One business day.

It is just a phone.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's one thing to make a phone call and say to yourself, okay so it may or may not be lost and I can wait until Sunday night per the manager and Apple will send a replacement if it's indeed lost. It's another thing to spend hours on their back (after all, they searched for an hour in your presence) and be overly nervous for something Apple can easily compensate.

16. Domino8282, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Alright whatever man, I'm done posting here. Obviously you all are paragons of patience and virtue,... so kind of you not to bother the poor overworked CSR's. I get your point, but it would be nice to not be treated like crap. That being said, I realize that some people here are incapable of being civilized. Good luck to those others that are missing packages also.

----------

Wasn't in my presence. She told me she would look and call me. Called an hour later and said they couldn't find it. I also didn't "spend hours on their back." I called UPS twice on Friday and once today, and Apple twice today, simply because nobody seemed to acknowledge that there was an issue. But whatever, I get it. Thanks, will wait it out.

17. thvibe macrumors newbie

F ups

Out For Delivery - 9/21/12 at 5:50am...
    Still no updates and no iPhone....
    Contacted Support they told me and I quote "...they will deliver the packages until the last package id off the truck" - ok so I waited and waited.... nothing

Called S 3 times. 1) was told it was not 24 hours yet nothing they can do
    2)CS rep told me they will deliver on Sat so just wit till then and he would call over to the Maspeth dispatch and call me back...never got a call back.
    3) case opened , case # received.

yes its just a phone, but its something you paid for and you did your part the companies should do theirs. Mistakes happen sure, but the CS from UPS is just terrible and you realize they really dont give a ****