Anyone's brightness keep going up and down?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I set my brightness like 1/4 of the way and it keeps maxing out or minimizing itself. Is it because of auto-brightness? It's seriously annoying.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I set my brightness like 1/4 of the way and it keeps maxing out or minimizing itself. Is it because of auto-brightness? It's seriously annoying.

Go into the settings app. Click on "display and brightness" menu. There should be a toggle for auto brightness on/off, as well as a slider for manual control of the backlight.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
Go into the settings app. Click on "display and brightness" menu. There should be a toggle for auto brightness on/off, as well as a slider for manual control of the backlight.
I had this same issue on my 6. Very annoying and I could only fix it by going to zoom and hen back to normal. Then it would be bright again. I've decided on getting the 6+ so hope it doesn't have it once it arrives.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Yeah.. I mean I always believed auto-brightness helped with battery life. I began to think it was something with my phone or iOS 8.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
I have the same behavior with i5 with autobrightness OFF. Very annoying. Happens mostly in sunlight.

Apple lost it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.