Anyones iPad from the "Ships by April 12" shipped yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drew077, Apr 4, 2010.

1. drew077 macrumors member

I was one of the people who did not make the deadline and got the ship by April 12. I was wondering if Apple has started to ship the new batch of iPads out?

2. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

I was in this club, but became frustrated with the lack of communication between Apple and myself. I went out and bought one at Best Buy and cancelled my order. I still have all the accessories shipping through Apple, which are apparently also going to take forever.

3. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

im in same boat, im gonna cancel if my local best buy has it in stock though...

4. drew077 thread starter macrumors member

I wanted to get one at Best Buy, but i called a day before launch and they said they did not expect to get any in. I also thought we would not get any in either because we do not have one of those apple centers with macs in our Best Buy.

5. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine march 30th and I also called on 31st. Info I got was that it was possible it may arrive shortly before the12th. They said in all likelihood I would have it on the 12th but the 17th at latest. If anyone else is in same boat please post if your not yet shipped info changes.

Also for a few days I had a hold for the amount of the ipad on my bank and then it disappeared. Is this normal?

Bump

6. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

just cancelled my online order.. wifey said the bestbuy has em in stock

7. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

just wish Apple provided more info than, will ship sometime in the next half month.

8. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

Talked to Apple CSR. Said it is processed for shipping, and that usually means shipping within next 48 hours, so most likely I will have it 12th-14th timeframe.

9. below sea level macrumors member

Mine says it's prepared for shipment, but a phone conversation with Apple tells me it's already shipped. I don't know who to believe.

10. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

I have a new policy. I don't believe anything from the website or a CSR until Steve Jobs sends me a 1 word email confirming it.

11. karinatwork macrumors regular

karinatwork

I just got an email from Apple.... SHIPPED!!!
    Awesome.

(Ordered on March 31st; it says in the shipment confirmation that it will be delivered by April 12)

12. drew077 thread starter macrumors member

What kinda makes me mad is an article i read at gizmodo saying the apple stores had plenty in stock and that a lot of them are receiving new shipments tomorrow. I don't see why they cant start shipping them to us too.
    I am glad to see that some peoples have starting to ship.
    Do you know if they are doing standard or expedite shipping?

13. below sea level macrumors member

I also finally have a tracking number, so I'm more inclined to believe it's happening.

As was said above, I'm also disappointed I had to wait because I could have just gone to Best Buy and picked one up myself.

14. lawgraphix macrumors newbie

i ordered on the 30th... i got my confirmation with tracking number today.

15. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

Exactly same story with me, ordered 30th, shipped today. Apple's website has also changed from ships by april 12th, to ships in 5-7 business days. I'm 3 hours from the nearest Apple Store and about 4 hours from the nearest Best Buy that carried them, so online was the only option.

16. rwmson macrumors newbie

17. kultschar macrumors 6502a

If I were to purchase 2 different models (16GB and 64GB) will they arrive at the same time in the same package??????

18. nintendude macrumors 6502

My 64GB WiFi iPad ordered on April 5th before the Apple Store status changed from "Ships by April 12th" to "5-7 Business Days" just shipped via FedEx :D

19. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

If they were ordered on the same order number than they should.

20. bloodninj4 macrumors member

booooo

I also ordered april 5th (1.30am PDT)

My status is stuck on "Prepared For Shipment"

I am jealous of your shipping status!!
    Is yours also shipping from hong kong?

21. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

Mine shipped out American ET around 4:40 PM yesterday from Schenzen, CN (Sp?) At 7:40 AM EST today it left Hong Kong. At 5:30 PM EST it arrived in Anchorage. It's slowly getting closer here.

22. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Ordered a 16GB on the 4th and its currently "Prepared for Shipment"; I can only hope I get it before the end of the week, but I'm expecting it Monday.

23. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I've had the 'ships by April 12th' waiting time too, but it arrived in Orlando FL this morning and the delivery date updated to today, so it's due sometime in the next few hours. Excellent! Not so long to wait after all, even after missing the launch day delivery.

Hope some other folks see theirs arrive today too - have a feeling that today won't be a particularly productive work day....:)

24. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

Same for me in Oklahoma. Shipped Monday from china and already in Tulsa. Original delivery date was Monday and it updated to today

25. puffmtd macrumors newbie