Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBurd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2002
The Beautiful Berkshires
At this year's NY MacWorld Expo, the MOTU rep (at the Sweetwater Sound booth) stated that Digital Performer, for OS X, would be out "by the end of the year." I know we still have about 7 weeks left until 2003, but I haven't heard a thing about a possible release date.

Have any of you heard anything, yet?

thepannist

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
I was talking to a MOTU rep that came to my school in October, and he said that the OSX version would be out in January or February. This is obviously a departure from their original deadline of "later this year," but I guess they have had some problems making it work in osx. He also said that if you buy the DP 3.11 now, you can get a free upgrade to DP for OSX. I can't wait.....

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
There was no mention of DP for X at the Los Angeles AES conference, last month. Strange, because MOTU advertises some of their hardware to be compatible with X. We know they committed to the OS long before many other developers in the field.

On the bright side, maybe this means they are making a move to release the most solid audio/MIDI environment on the market the first time around.

Dan

thepannist

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
The guy at MOTU told me that if you have recently bought DP, you will be able to upgrade for free. Maybe this is a special deal through my school (we have a sort of partnership with MOTU), or maybe this is true for everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.