Anyway I can have vibrate icon on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canwe3, Apr 6, 2013.

1. canwe3 macrumors member

since there's no vibrate icon I always forget to unvibrate my phone. This is my final pet peeve. going back to android on my next phone. I love the iphone but it's the little thing that annoys me the most.

2. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Depends if your phone is jailbroken or not. If it is, there's a free tweak available called muteicon that displays an icon in the menu bar if the mute switch is activated.

3. canwe3 thread starter macrumors member

why would I need to jailbreak my iphone? I just don't understand why apple doesn't include the icon when you put it in vibrate.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You need to jailbreak because apple never included this functionality into stock iOS

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I think he wants to see it from the screen and not have to look at the side (because that's something you rarely do, most people flip the switch without looking at it)

7. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Sigh - is this really worth worrying over? There's a big switch on the side, which shows an orange line when moved to silent, looking at the side of your phone is surely as much effort as waking up/unlocking your phone?

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Or just feel your phone when its in your pocket. You can easily tell when the vibrate switch is switched or now. I have never once thought, "Hey, I need an icon on the menu bar to tell me my phone is on vibrate or not."

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wait what? Who is worrying? The guy asked if there is a way to see that your phone is set to vibrate on the screen. We went from asking a question to worrying?

10. cynics macrumors G3

With my life proof case it is impossible to tell if the phone is on vibrate by looking at or feeling the switch.

I always thought it would be nice to see a vibrate icon on the screen.

However I know it can't so there's no point of me asking/worrying/bitching about.