anyway to block someones number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doyle369, Jul 19, 2012.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

Hi guys, I have an iphone4s and I am on Orange, is there anyway I can block a number (UK Mobile number) from ringing / texting me.

I have just rung up Orange and they said they can't do it.

Thanks

2. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

I don't know of any apps in the Apple appstore that allow this (and I wonder why it doesn't exist to be honest).

I'm pretty sure jailbroken devices can get some kind of blacklist app. I'll let someone who has experience with it try to help you out though.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Carriers CAN block numbers, but you have to have a very good reason O2 have added. Couple for me. If its an ex GF etc. then they won't listen...If its abusive they will.

4. doyle369 thread starter macrumors regular

Just rung up Orange and I said a friend keeps ringing me threatening to beat me up etc and that I need that number blocked. They said they cant block mobile numbers, they said the police can tho... :/

but that person isnt really threatening me, but I do want his number blocked

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You said friend....That'll stop them. If you'd said an anonymous caller was making these threats then they would have blocked the number. What happens is the police contact Orange ( in your case) then Orange block the number.