Anyway to change the wallpaper on the 2.0 firmware yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by CrossFireXT17, Aug 3, 2008.

1. CrossFireXT17 macrumors member

Hey everyone, I Pwned my iPod Touch 32GB with the 2.0 firmware. But was wondering if there was anyway to change the wallpaper yet on it. I know Customize is out, and other programs like it, but it didn't seem to change the wallpaper when I tried.

Thanks!

2. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

I was looking at some of the sources, and the new releases, and Winterboard seems to replace summerboard. Its not as fancy, but it uses any kind of artwork or summerboard. Customize can load summerboard themes but idk if it can change backgrounds

3. CrossFireXT17 thread starter macrumors member

How would I go about trying it though? I can't seem to figure it out... I only got my iPod couple weeks before 2.0 came out, so by that time, it was really easy using 1.1.4, so I wasn't "here" when all of this was going on for when the iPod first came out!

4. dagored macrumors 65816

After loading WinterBoard from Cydia, you must SSH into your Touch or Phone. From root select - Library - Themes -place your themes, docks, icons, springboards in there.

Very important - RESTART your Touch - not just a respring.
    The last upgrade was about 3 hours ago and works great:

[​IMG]

5. CrossFireXT17 thread starter macrumors member

alright thanks! I understand, but where exactly can I get the themes at? I know from cydia, but is there a site where I can download them at all? Like your theme you posted in that image is amazing looking!

Thanks! :D