Anyway to get a 32gb ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vc73287n, Oct 8, 2012.

1. vc73287n macrumors member

vc73287n

Okay so I had my brother order me the iphone 5 when it came out because I had work in the A.M. and he had off. Long story short he ordered me the 16gb when I specifically asked for the 32gb. He doesnt know much about phones and I should have given better guidance and been more on top of it so for that I will take the blame.

Question in point : Is there anyway I can swap a 16gb for 32gb and just pay the difference? Or is there any form of extra storage that I have yet to discover ?

Any help, advice, info, etc. would be much appreciated.

I already had the phone for a few weeks and should have cancelled the original pre order but I didnt want to get pushed back to October of 20XX because thats the rate their shipping at.

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Apple store can cancel the current phone/upgrade and then move you to a 32gb (if it's in stock) and you pay the difference. I can't remember the # of days you have to do this though.

3. vc73287n thread starter macrumors member

vc73287n

I already had the phone for a few weeks, i tried to grin and bear it but its just not enough. Going to have the phone for at least 2 years and already have 1 gb left. -__-

4. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Like I said. I don't know the days you have as buyers remorse to exchange for a bigger one. You need to be on the phone with Apple right now.

5. vc73287n thread starter macrumors member

vc73287n

im sorry, I misread your post, my apologies. I just got that feeling that im screwed and apple is going to tell me to take a walk.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

even if they do tell you to hit the bricks, you just need to decide how much it's worth to you, do the math, try to sell it on craigslist or wherever for an $xx.xx loss then go buy the one you want.

You may lose $50-100 but if it's that important to you, that's the price you gotta pay.

I can feel your pain though cause my 4s was a 16GB and I was CONSTANTLY running out of space. 64GB or bust for me.

7. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You should have dealt with this the day it happened.

Trying to do the math on selling it and getting a new one. I assume the one you have was via a discounted upgrade. The next one will not be.

You MIGHT be able to return it under the Buyers Remorse, but not sure you can just swap it out cause you want to better one. After all, what are they now going to do with this used phone?

Delete some crap off you 16gb