Anyway to get bluetooth earpiece to activate google now instead of S voice?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by spinedoc77, Mar 30, 2013.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Note 2. When I hit my Bluetooth earpiece button it activates Samsung S Voice, which is terrible. While I'm not in love with google voice, I'd rather use that than S voice. Is there any setting or hack which I can use to have my Bluetooth earpiece activate google now?

2. Assault macrumors 6502a

Assault

Root your phone. Download titanium backup from the play store and delete all that useless Samsung bloat ware like media hub, Samsung music hub. Samsung push notifications. S Voice. And so on. Keep S Note though. You don't need any of the Samsung garbage and it sits in the background using RAM for no reason.

Or download a ROM that is pure vanilla android. You will be happier.

And I don't know about a BT earpiece, but in my car all BT commands work as they should, but I am rooted and romed and my car has A2DP Bluetooth syncing. Should work the same with your earpiece, but I can't say for certain, cause I don't use them. Hopefully, someone else can chime in here on that aspect.

Or head over to the XDA forums. Here is the link to the AT&T portion of the Note 2 side of the forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1870

If you are on another carrier, just use that "Find my device" bar at the top of the page. By the way, Telus, Bell, Rogers and AT&T fall under the same ROMs (as well as T-Mobile I believe).

3. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

What happens if you disable s-voice completely?

Settings > Apps > All S-Voice > Disable?

Does Google Now become default?

4. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Double tapping on the home button brings up Google Voice Dialler instead.

5. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

It goes to google voice dialerI which is an improvement I think. I much prefer google now though if anyone knows a hack.