Anyway to get Safari over to Chrome or visa versa?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vahdyx, Aug 12, 2017.

1. vahdyx macrumors regular

vahdyx

Here’s my dilemma, I use Android and iOS, Windows and MacOS. I have no strong biases towards any really, I just kind of get what I like. Right now I’m switching between the Pixel and the iPhone 7 every month or so. I have plans on getting both the Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 when they release. It seems to give me the best of both worlds.

The problem I have though is I prefer to use Chrome on Android, my (Windows) gaming PC and MacBook Pro, but prefer Safari on my iPhone and iPad. “Continuity” works decently between my PC and iOS devices... if you wanna call it that, but I welcome the addition Apple has made for PC people with the Chrome extension. I’d also like to add, I hate Chrome on iOS.

This extension doesn’t exist on Mac though, so when I use my MacBook Pro which is like 80% of the time, if I’m not gaming or doing Windows things, I’m missing out on a lot of that history or syncing to my iOS devices. My Android phone gets the benefit of that however.

When I switch to Safari on my Mac it kind of leaves my Android phone and PC out of the fun.

Is there an elegant solution for this? Something that’ll allow me to sync across all devices, preferably with Chrome being my default browser on all besides my iOS devices.

Again, I really really hate Chrome for iOS and since iOS can’t make Chrome a default browser it becomes even more annoying to use on iOS.

Thanks all

2. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

There is no solution. Apple (currently) doesn't allow any change of default apps.