Anyway to "lock-in" Best-Buy's trade-in offer so I'll definitely get it on the 24th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I know when you do it online, you're guaranteed that amount for thirty days.

However, I need my 3GS up until I get my 4; but I'd rather not charge anything to my card. So, I'm planning on trading it in, in the store, on launch day and then walking over to the Mobile section and buying the 4.

But I'm afraid their $269 offer won't last, and will drop significantly in the coming days.

Any suggestions?

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

While you'll probably get the trade in, you may not get it in time to get the new iPhone. Rumors are that each Best Buy will only have about 45 iPhones per store on launch day. That should last a good 3 minutes.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I'm on the same boat. I'm eligible for that $299 pricing, and my current 3GS goes for $311. I imagine I'd have to camp out... something I would rather NOT do. What I'll maybe do is use my 1st Gen as a backup for 2 days.

4. mattcube64 thread starter macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I'm still holding onto hope that they'll take preorders. They did for the 3GS; it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't this year. :)

5. Built macrumors 68020

According to my local Best Buy today, they will start taking pre-orders on the 15th, but had no idea how that would be accomplished. Doesn't sound too promising. I prefer a more definite answer.

(And I would prefer to buy it from Best Buy so I could get the Reward Zone points.)

6. Amon37 macrumors regular

Exactly plus I bought my both my 3G's there so it makes it easier to trade in.