Anyway to make Icons in the Dock like ios icons?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moosez3, Feb 3, 2011.

1. moosez3 macrumors member

I just want the icons to display a little preview like the ios icons, windows thumbnail icons, or like the pictures folder, but for all the folders in the Dock bar.
    Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't think I've ever seen a way to do this. Perhaps wait for 10.7; it'll be like iOS on your Desktop!

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I doubt you would see this as similar stuff is already there. Click on the icon long and you get the app exposéd.
    Anyway just clicking on it is probably faster than almost anything else. cmd+tab to go back.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I couldn't begin to count the number of times someone has posted here, desperately asking for help because something on their Mac doesn't work, after screwing around with their Dock or icons, trying to customize. If you want to go that route, that's up to you. I'd rather leave it alone and have a problem-free Mac. It might not be as "pretty" as some, but it works all the time.

5. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

When Lion comes out this summer it will have a lot of iOS aspects.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Please don't encourage Steve any more than he needs to be on turning OSX into iOSX.

7. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

if u want it too look like windows icons just partition part of your driving to boot into windows? or get a windows computer.....i guarantee in lion that that feature will be much more customizable (at least i hope so)