Anyway to organize photos in albums?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by zachnelson, Sep 22, 2012.

1. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Hey folks,

I'd like to make multiple albums and store pictures I've taken in them, for example I have made a folder of pictures of my work schedule...

[​IMG]

However when I add the picture from the Camera Roll to the new album, I cannot delete it from Camera Roll because it deletes all copies of it on the device.

Help?

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I've run into this problem before as well...in order to do what you want to do you'll need a third party app that has it's own "cloud"...you'll move the photos to the third party app and then delete them from the camera roll, you can then re send them from the app to the camera roll as you see fit...the only other way to do this is via a computer and creating picture folders that you will manually have to sync back via USB. The second option is the only way apple will let you control those photo folders

3. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Sadly this is one of the worst areas in iOS, Apple really has neglected it.
    It even looks basic.

A couple of options like sort by, increase or decrease thumbnail size, delete from xx - xx

And some more advance options like tagging, rating and naming. Nice to view the exif data too. Nice to have it all done prior to upload to Aperture or iPhoto.