anyway to play iphone ipod over living room speakers via airport express?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikemomac, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Mikemomac macrumors newbie

anyway to play iphone ipod over living room speakers via airport express? i am connected to internet via airport express, but is there a way to wirelessly play the ipod part of the iphone over the living room speakers via the wifi connection of airport express or the wifi connection of the airport base station(ufo type).

thanks in advance for any info.

2. Drewnrupe macrumors newbie

Why ?

I dont know the anser to this question , and havent tried , but my first thought was Why would you want to

I have an airport express in the bedroom with speakers attached but have only ever tried playing to them from itunes as i generally use it for intenet radio stations. I think playing from itunes is all you will be able to do as this is really how it is designed to work.

My guess is the remote control issue is what prompted you to want to play from the iphone directly, have you looked at telekinesis remote control software ? this is pretty basic but allows you to up the volume , pause play and move to next track from the iphone and may be usefull - certainly has made things easier for me.

3. Mikemomac thread starter macrumors newbie

why not?

currently enjoy my pb g4 conn to my living room speakers via air tunes...and enjoy it very much. just wondering about the capabilities of the iphone/widescreen ipod. thought it would be great to listen to the widescreen ipod wirelessly over the living room speakers via air tunes. is it possible?

4. milk242 macrumors 6502a

most likely not but it would be cool. I think apple would have to release a software upgrade for the phone like mini iTunes .

5. Mikemomac thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies.....

heres to mini itunes on the iphone w/wireless conn to living room speakers via air tunes.....next update?

6. str8jakit macrumors newbie

remote!!!

in the app store there is currently an app called remote,which enbles you to control either 1.itunes on your computer 2.or control your speakers using airtunes,u guys really havent heard of it?
    :confused:

7. zenoran macrumors regular

Doesn't he mean broadcasting from his iPod not his Mac iTunes? That's what I'm trying to figure out how to do.

8. donlphi macrumors 6502

donlphi

Yeah, but I would assume your home is where your computer that fills your iPod/iPhone is. You could connect to it just as easily, using the same library and playlists.

I was looking around for the same feature (through some app) a few months back, but the more I thought about it, it seemed like it would be a little redundant and would drain the battery.

HOWEVER... there is always this, by Audio Engine

9. melchman macrumors newbie

Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba promises this feature

10. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I don't think so :confused: