Anyway to restore iPhone 3gs and still have firmware 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acidraindrop, Jul 28, 2010.

1. acidraindrop macrumors member

I have an iPhone 3gs with firmware 3.1.2, I jailbroke it with redsnow and also unlocked it. What I don't like is that its a tethered jailbreak so I always have to hook the phone up to my computer in order to boot it. Im planning on selling it unlocked so I want to make using the phone as simple as possible for the buyer. So is there anyway to restore it completely and still have 3.1.2 on it? If so are there any other jailbreaks out that aren't tethered?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

search lots of answers spirit will fix it for one and real easy of course now you will be forced to go to 4.0.1 because nothing else is signed you might be stuck till next jb

3. anthdci macrumors 6502

Since you are currently jailbroken you should check with cydia if you have your shsh blobs on file. To do this open cydia and it will say at the top of the home page which you do have on file. Then you can use that to restore fresh to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 (there are numerous guides on how to do this, check iclarified)

You cannot run spirit on a device that already has blackra1n on it, it wont work.

If you dont have you shsh blobs backed up and you do restore it you will be forced to go to 4.0.1 and then wait for the new spirit jailbreak to come out.

4. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

I think im just gonna erase all my stuff and sell it how it is. Now I have a new question tho. When I get the iphone 4 and I restore from my backup of this phone will the fact that its jailbroken affect it in anyway?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should setup as new than restore an i4 from the 3GS backup.
    Sometims it causes bugs to carry over.
    Also open up cydia and look at the top of the page to see if you have SHSH's saved and for what firmware built.
    Only with those you can restore to anything but 4.0.1 for now.

6. acidraindrop thread starter macrumors member

Are you saying I should restore as new rather than a backup from 3GS? and on cydia I dont have an shsh at the top of the page

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would be a good idea IMO.
    Thats what I did but you can give it a try restoring from backup and if there's any issues restore the i4 again after that and setup as new.
    On the 3GS if there's nothing about shsh's on top the only thing you can restore it is the latest 4.0.1