Anyway to see "book" books and books that are "apps" in the same place?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GhostMac24, May 14, 2012.

1. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

We have purchased quite a few children's books for our 2 and 4 year old but on our iPads, all the books purchased from the books section of iTunes versus all the books that are purchased from app store section of iTunes in different locations on the iPad. Would like for them to all be together as single selections.

As of right now, all we can do is create a folder on the ipad desktop that we called books and then each book from the app store is showed individually and then there is the single "bookcase" that you have to select to open open up to see all those books.

Long story short, is there a way to just show all the books (both books and app store books) as single books in one location?

Thanks so much for any help in advance!

2. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

In short, nope. As the books you buy from the app store are not "technically" ebooks, they're apps that are designed to sort of look like a book.

3. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

That's what I was afraid of.

Sure would be nice though if we could have all types of books in one location. I realize technically that the app store books are technically apps but some are nothing more than a book that reads aloud if you want it to. Oh well.

I appreciate your reply!

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

You could always consolidate by creating a Kids' Books folder for the App-based books and a subcategory for the Kids Books in iBooks. Then you have just 2 locations. There's really no other solution, it's like you're trying to put audio cassettes into a CD changer.

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

What's an audio cassette? :p