Anyway to specifically view videos taken with iPhone in camera roll?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Hustler, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

I have an ip5 on 6.1 now (and it's not software version related because it did it on 6.0.1 too). When I view my camera roll on my iPhone, I can't find a way to view all the videos I've taken that are mixed in with the photos.
    Is there a way on the phone itself to view specifically the videos?
    Thanks for any tips.

Brad

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to do so. What you can do is create a new album and link all videos to that album.

3. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Camera App > Bottom Left for Camera Roll > Top Tabs for All / Photos / Video

They should really make that for the Photos app. It just makes sense.

4. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

Thank you for the camera app shortcut! You would think apple would put that in the photo app. Maybe that will be a great new revolutionary feature in ios7 lol.

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Yep, it's a simple filter, already in place in one view of your media, but not in the other. I kind of understand the photos app UI is a little congested, but they could also do it as a "fixed" album, camera roll, photo roll and video roll (maybe even do a little hierarchical type interface, so the pre-filtered photo and video are "under" camera roll ... in fact, that'd be nice for user created albums too, like parent album: The Kids, and sub albums: Summer 2012, Christmas 2011, etc).

I'd also like to have "smart albums", where I could define a set of rules (like a smart playlist), that would provide a filter based on: date, location, heck, even content using facial recog).

6. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

OR... have all iPhone-recorded videos go under Camera Roll in the Video app :D