Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Title says it all. 8gb is getting cramped for me as well and if I could I'd like to get a 16gb one as well. Edge can be really fast at times but those times aren't often. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Only if by trade-in you mean selling it on eBay or Craigslist. Its highly unlikely you'll be able to swap out the previous phone for the new one.

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
What Mikey said.

But, if, in your travels, you come across ANY retailer who will take your old electronics in on trade, please post it here, as I've got a couple LaserDisc players and a PowerMac 8500 gathering dust... :eek:

:apple:

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
yea thats what I thought...

if I were to, should I take keep the sim card to put in the new phone?

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
What Mikey said.

But, if, in your travels, you come across ANY retailer who will take your old electronics in on trade, please post it here, as I've got a couple LaserDisc players and a PowerMac 8500 gathering dust... :eek:

:apple:

lol if I do I'll remember to post on here.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
What are people's thoughts on selling on EBay? I have an iPhone that I may want to sell when upgrading to 3G but the original iPhone is semi-beat up with some scratches along the edges and a little dirty on the whole.

Nothing too bad of course but how much would an iPhone like that sell for?

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I'm taking my iPhone that I've had since launch day and getting it replaced with a 8GB current gen iPhone and then selling that brand new one. Putting all the money towards a 3G iPhone.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I'm taking my iPhone that I've had since launch day and getting it replaced with a 8GB current gen iPhone and then selling that brand new one. Putting all the money towards a 3G iPhone.

Are you going to SSH in and delete the SBIN or something? How are you going to get them to give you a refurb?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.