Anyway to transfer a photo using explorer? Or zoom in on a picture?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blizeH, Jan 3, 2010.

1. blizeH macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I've got a photo I'd like to transfer to my iPhone, preferably just in the

"iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\100APPLE"

directory or something - but for some reason the phone won't let me transfer the photo across? Unless I'm doing something wrong?

Also, and perhaps more annoyingly, the picture in question is about 2000 pixels high by 200 pixels wide - and the iPhone won't zoom in properly when viewing the photo as it tries to keep everything on one screen, which is a bit rubbish as it's text and impossible to read!

Is there anyway I can get this photo on my phone either in a readable format on there, or just have it accessible through Windows explorer please? :D

Thanks

2. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Umm... I think it's not zoomable because iTunes is bloody resizing it :(

Going to try Flickr/Dropbox - fingers crossed!

edit: In case anyone reads this and would also like to know how, just tried with Gmail and it renders it brilliantly! Perfect :)

3. memesmith macrumors regular

I'm confused. What format is the photo in currently, and where is it stored?

4. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

It was a PNG file stored on my PC, that I wanted to transfer to view on my iPod in it's current size (about 2500 x 200!)

I tried via iTunes which resized it, Flickr and Dropbox apps which also resized it to view, before eventually just e-mailing it to my Gmail account and it showed up fine :)

Does seem odd though, that all of your photos are stored nicely on the phone, yet you can't just transfer one across into the folder through Windows Explorer!