AOC nails phara CEO to the floor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dogslobber, May 18, 2019.

1. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

LOL, but capitalism must beat 'communism'. We can't trust governments for health care so we must trust corporations, who, of course, are, erm, trustworthy. :rolleyes:

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Especially when it's the government that funded the bulk of the research for the product that the corporation is reaping such egregious profits from.

4. Zenithal macrumors G3

I don't really agree much with liberals, but I'll be honest here. I somewhat like her. I don't hold gender as a value to ascertain whether or not someone is worth themselves when placed in front of me. That said, while Trump and Pence are terrible for minorities, Trump does seem to want to stamp out some STDs from existence in the US before they develop into a terminal illness. The White House pressured Gilead a while back to donate this and other drugs for free for six or seven years, without any government rebate or so I've read.

As for greed. It isn't a new thing with American companies that develop medicines, even when they barely put money towards the joint research. It's always been there.

Edit: At the risk of sounding like an ass, maybe Russia should force this company to donate to them for free, too. Hell, Russia has one of the highest STD transmission rates outside of Africa major. Outside of illicit drug use, it's as if they've never heard of what a condom can do.