AOL to Gmail setup help questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zmanbaseball2, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have just setup my gmail to download my emails(almost 5000 emails) from AOL using mail fetcher in gmail. After i did this all the emails started downloading on my iphone 5. Its been 2 or so hours and it is still populating/downloading emails from the AOL server. How long will this take and will this double the emails up if i have both the aol and gmail logged in on my iPhone 5 and the gmail having downloaded all the emails from my aol account?
    Need anymore info. Please ask!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

yes, you will have doubles if you have both the AOL and Gmail accounts logged in.

I find it easier to just use the gmail app on an iOS and Android app these days. Less headache. Maybe try that? The interface after the new update is pretty slick!

3. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Thank you and does the gmail app use the ios contacts.

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I'm pretty sure it does have access to them.

5. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

How do i make everything as read. I tried in the ios mail app but it worked but not showing up or updating in the gmail app. It is still populating BTW. If it has anything to do with it.

Is this undo able? The mail fetcher. Can i removed all my aol emails at once if i wanted to?

6. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

It's still downloading all the mails, so it won't update until that is done. You might want to remove the gmail account from the mail app, so you won't have to deal with this crap. :)

Best way to mark everything as read is go onto gmail.com and do it on a computer. Much much quicker.

Not sure, sorry. I'm sure there is. I linked my old yahoo mail account to my gmail a couple years ago and like 10k spam emails tried to come into my inbox. I was able to reverse it though. Don't remember how, sorry.

Good luck :D

7. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

AOL to Gmail setup help questions...

I found this to mark all mail as read on the iOS mail app

Open up the Mail app and tap the Edit button.
    Select one message.
    Press and hold the Mark button at the bottom of the screen.
    While still pressing and holding the Mark button, tap the email you previously selected to unmark it.
    Release the Mark button.
    Tap the Mark as Read button.

Is their a way to just view the aol emails separate from the gmail emails? Can gmail do the same thing as the iOS mail app does like like have separate inboxes for each email and then a inbox for both combined?

8. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I just re added my AOL email to mail fetcher because of an error. Would this re add all the emails it just added?