Apartheid: Israeli soldier steals little girl’s bike for riding on racist Jews-only street

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

He must not have read his Torah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_steal

"Thou shalt not steal" is one of the Ten Commandments[1] of the Torah, which are widely understood as moral imperatives by legal scholars, Jewish scholars, Catholic scholars, and Post-Reformation scholars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

The Ten Commandments, also known as the Decalogue, are a set of biblical principles relating to ethics and worship, which play a fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity. The commandments include instructions to worship only God, to honour one's parents, and to keep the sabbath, as well as prohibitions against idolatry, blasphemy, murder, adultery, theft, dishonesty, and coveting. Different religious groups follow different traditions for interpreting and numbering them.​

Here’s what happened when some famous writers went to visit some hardcore Jewish settlers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...add920-067f-11e6-bfed-ef65dff5970d_story.html

HEBRON, West Bank — Arriving aboard a tour bus, accompanied by a former Israeli machine-gunner turned human rights activist, an international delegation of pretty famous writers came to the heart of this old city to see for themselves how 850 hardcore Jewish settlers, protected by 650 young Israeli soldiers, live among 200,000 angry Palestinians.

The writers didn’t like what they saw.

The settlers didn’t like the writers much either, especially their hosts.

The Israeli military occupation is “the most grievous injustice I have seen in my life,” Michael Chabon, the American author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel “The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay,” told the Forward, a Jewish newspaper, a day after seeing Hebron.​

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I am 100% sure that video shows everything that transpired that led to the confiscation of the bike./s

3. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Nothing says “Judeo-Christian values” like stealing a little girl’s bike for riding on a racist Jews-only street.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Again that video shows 1min and 12seconds of a situation, posted by a Pro-Palenstinian youtube channel.

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shuhada_Street

Who says the Isreali soldier was a devout Jew? There are many many secular Israelis and even non-Israeli soliders. It's pretty disrepectful of you to conflate unkown Isreali soldiers with religious text.

And as far as I know the road is only closed to Palestinians, not only open for Jews.

While I don't think it's nice to "steal" or confiscate a bike from a little girl, who knows this could be the 1000th time this girl has ridden her bike there.

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Fair point. It is true that I am assuming; possibly falsely. But I have seen numerous images of IDF with Torahs and other news stories with IDF being very Torah-dictated. Nothing non-Torah.

For example, during the 2014 Operation Protective Edge there were IDF soldiers taking a rest from bombing hundreds of women and children, to pray with their Torahs and Teffilins. I couldn’t find the groups of Israelis images in cursory search, but I found this lone soldier:

IDF.png

In the war ceremony after protective edge, for all the IDF who were killed they had Torah scrolls:

75 Torah Scrolls Written in Memory of Victims of Op. Protective Edge Inaugurated at Western Wall

IDF .png

A few other images of IDF with Torahs and Teffilins on their heads:

idff3.jpg
    5710853.jpg
    IDF-soldiers-read-torah-in-the-field-640x480.jpg

In 2015, a US-born IDF soldier was sentenced to 11 days in military jail for eating a bacon/ham sandwich and the reason he was is because of the Torah.

US-born soldier tried for eating pork

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-born-soldier-sentenced-to-jail-for-eating-nonkosher-sandwich/

An IDF soldier and recent immigrant from the United States was recently sentenced to 11 days in a [Israeli] military jail for eating a pork sandwich during military training.

When his battalion commander learned that the sandwiches were not kosher, he was called in for a disciplinary hearing, promptly tried and sentenced to jail.

The IDF Spokesperson’s Office called the soldier’s actions “unbecoming to what is expected from a cadet in a commanders’ course, which is why he was tried severely.”

The Torah forbids Jews from consuming pork, among a detailed set of dietary laws.​

So while I could be wrong in my assumption, I feel confident that my assumption was correct.

“Step right up and get your racist apartheid. Segregated roads. No coloreds allowed—this fountain isn’t for you. Step right up and get your racist apartheid. Jews-only. No Arabs.

It doesn’t matter if the girl had rode her bike 10,000x on the Jews-only road, that’s not the issue. The issue is the racist segregated road system where the Palestinian Arab girl cannot ride her bike in the first place. And it’s funny you say ‘it is only not for Palestinians,’ when 99.99999% of the only two ethnic/racial groups who live there are: Jews and Palestinian Arabs.

Imagine if in your U.S. city there was a roadway system that black kids couldn’t ride their bikes on but white kids could, and where white cops would steal the black kids’ bikes if they did. That is the same thing. The soldier who stole the girl’s bike is a useless piece of ****, as are any other Israelis or non-Israelis who support and defend that apartheid system.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Hmm. Allah Akbar. Shabby stabby. Bomb goes boom.

9. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

If you notice the logo, that is B’Tselem, a Jewish-Israeli human rights organization.

B'Tselem.jpg
    --- Post Merged, Aug 9, 2016 ---
    Tough guy. Playing defense for stealing a little girl’s bike because she was riding on a Jews-only road in racist segregated neighborhood of Hebron. You steal little girls bikes yourself? How often?

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Surely you have more than a 1:12 video to show the whole story? Or even one that states the girl was Pally? With your added hyperbolic comments on Jews killing women and children I'm sure you can post objective media links.

11. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

No I don’t have more than 1:12, but that is probably all that was captured. These types of oppressive actions happen daily to Palestinians at the hands of Israelis, most often by IDF but also illegal settlers.

There was nothing unobjective by posting the actual incident and sourcing B’Tselem, which, as I said, are Jewish-Israelis not Palestinians. During protective edge, in approximately 1 month, IDF mass murdered 550 teens, children and babies, and hundreds of women, from sisters, aunts, mothers to grandmothers. So yes, it is completely accurate for me to state IDF bombing hundreds of women and children.

Operation Protective Edge (Warning: Graphic)

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Because palestinians always show true images. <- somewhat graphic

13. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Exactly!! Sums up what I think perfectly. I would love to see the USA cut off all aid to apartheid Israel.

14. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

True there may be more to the story but one has to go off of what is currently available. I find is hard to fathom that under any circumstance that it would be ok to take a childs bike away and toss it like trash, unless one is purely just an asshat.

15. A.Goldberg, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Clearly you've never been to Israel to realize that there are many secular Israelis. Google says 42% of Israelis are secular. For the most part, most Jews have to serve in the military after graduating high school. Just because they might go through religious practices doesn't mean they're religiously committed. Judiasm is not only a religion, but also a culture, which might be hard to understand. There are a lot of Jews who go through the motions as a cultural commitment rather than a religious one.

Plenty of non-religious Americans have Christain funerals. It doesn't mean they were devout Christains. I imagine many US soldiers recite "one nation under God" even if they're agnostic/athiest.

Is confiscating a bike a nice thing to do? Probably not, though maybe the soldiers were being cautious- you never know Hamas might throw a bomb in a bike and tell a little girl to ride it into a group of soldiers. It doesn't matter what the religion of the solider is "stealing" as you call it is wrong. Therefore to conflate Judaism with the IDF I think is inherently offensive.

Yes the IDF follows directions of the Torah and other religious text, some of which are particularly forgiving. While it may seem silly to punish someone for bringing ham into training, it highlights the cadets inability to follow instructions as simple as bringing in restricted food. Imagine what that might mean on the battlefield. And if you know about Jewish culture and kosher laws, having other kosher cadets coming into contact with Ham-contaminated utensils, plates, etc would be extremely insensitive and disrespectful. And as an American, he was there by choice so if he can't follow the expectations he can join the US military, who btw has restricted items as well.

As for the "segregation" restrictions it's not exactly segregation. It's Isreali-only roads, and Palestinian-only roads for that matter. 18% of the Israeli population is Muslims btw. It primarily boils down to safety issues primarily caused by the second infatada... Which was caused by riots after Ariel Sharon entered the Temple Mount. Reminder that the Temple Mount is restricted (aka segregated) to Muslims only regarding prayer. Christians/Jews can only walk through it.

I think a more appropriate title and description would have been "IDF solider steals bike from child", not calling it a Jew-only road, and not involving the 10 Commandments/religion at all.

I don't agree with unnecessarily stealing a kids bike, or treating Palestinians poorly, or stealing land. The fact is involving religion of the soldier is not appropriate. And the issue of Israel vs Palestine is a lot more complex than just Jews vs. Muslims and bigotry.

16. Jess13, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I haven’t ever been to Israel and have no intention to go there, the only mideast country I would like to visit is Turkey but not with Erdoğan’s regime in control. And sure, that secularism is all fine and swell but IDF is Torah-laden and dictated. My assumption that the IDF soldier who stole the girl’s bike follows the Torah (but apparently hasn’t actually read it) is a safe bet.

True, and that isn’t the reason for posting the 75 Torahs story. The reason was: IDF is Torah-laden and dictated, the ceremony wasn’t just random normal citizenry it was official military ceremony representing the Israeli state and all the killed had Torahs in dedication.

That’s a ******** excuse. If they had any fear of there being explosives hidden in the bike, they wouldn’t have physically removed it by hand and carried it to throw it in the bushes. They would have had a bomb disposal team dispatched to dispose of it. It was nothing about fear of explosives, it was Israeli cowards [New Nazis] stealing the bike of a little Palestinian girl [New Jew] as punishment for riding on the racist Jews-only road. You can falsely repeat that “it is only unusable by Palestinians so it isn’t Jews-only” but your deflection is laughable, as I have said to you above already: 99.99999% of the only two racial/ethnic groups there are Jews and Palestinians. That’s it. What’s worse, is that the road is being protected for use by ILLEGAL Israeli settlers.

In this 2016 Q&A with Gideon Levy, who is Jewish-Israeli himself, he describes that very area in Hebron as being the most clear-cut example of disgustingly abusive APARTHEID, then Max Blumenthal described an experience he had there, and he is Jewish himself, where one of the illegal Israeli settlers yelled at him in English with a Brooklyn accent. So Palestinian children—on their own land being stolen from them—who were born there, cannot ride on a Jews-only street that Brooklyn-born and/or raised illegal settlers can. It’s ****ing ridiculous, as are your excuses for it.

Gideon Levy :48 - 2:24
    Max Blumenthal 2:24 - 3:00

Again: The Torah dictates what IDF does. The Torah is the reason.

Yes I know that there are Palestinian-only roads, this Jewish-American human rights activist has a good information piece detailing that apartheid segregated road system:

Start 4:08

A more appropriate title would be: ‘New nazi steals little girl’s bike for riding on racist nazi-only road’

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

17. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Which country is the road in?

18. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Bill McKee, Texan-Christian

“I’m willing to give Israel the benefit of every doubt, but I wasn't born yesterday. They’re not taking all that [Palestinian] land and building all those towns in self defense, no, and they know perfectly well that the Palestinians have no choice but to fight them to protect their land—that’s what we would do in Texas. No, it’s pretty clear to me that Israel intends to grab a lot more land than they promised to be satisfied with when their country [Israel] was created. Yeah, I woke up one day and finally realized that what I’d been seeing all these years was not Israel defending itself, no, what I’d been seeing were Palestinians trying to protect their homes and their families, even when the best they could do was to throw rocks at tanks.”​

Gideon Levy, Jewish-Israeli

An [Israeli] apartheid regime in the West Bank and Gaza, one of the most brutal and cruel tyranny's in the world. (i.e. steals little girl’s bikes for riding on racist Jews-only roads)

“Every part of our [Israeli] society is racist,” “[The State of Israel] isn't distinguishable from a terror organisation.”​

19. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Here we go again with the videos you've shown time and time again. Your inability to see things through more than 1 lens of 1 side and inability to understand the consequences of war display an incredible niavity. Your inability to separate a religion from a country shows your bigotry (reading too many conspiracy sites, eh). And this is exactly why I believe most people here don't bother engaging in your conversation.

So you know from a 1min video if the bike was inspected or even returned.

And you know from this video that this IDF soldier is definitely not a secular soldier despite the statistics I gave you.

Isrealis are Jews, therefore Nazis. Nice argument. Good luck with it. I just hope you don't use your own children as human shields God forbid your country goes to war. Or support an internationally recognized terrorist organization whose mission is to obliterate Jews from the planet. Want to talk about Nazis?

You don't like Jews. Got it. Israel isn't innocent by any means but Palestine has zero respect for life, women, homosexuals, anything resembling freedom.

Palestine isn't entirely a country, that's another debate. But it's within Palestine.

20. Jess13, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Act like a nazi, get called a nazi. We’re finished, you have nothing to say. But since you mentioned ‘human shields’ in deflection because you lack argument to what is being discussed, let’s play: Israel IDF nazis use actual human shields, not Hamas terrorists.

Mofaz: IDF to appeal 'human shield’ ruling

High Court rules that ‘human shield’ and ‘early warning’ procedures used by IDF to apprehend terrorists are illegal; Mofaz intends to use democratic means to review the issue

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3154142,00.html

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz on Tuesday demanded that the High Court review a ruling it issued last Thursday in which it declared that the 'human shield' procedure employed by the IDF when detaining Palestinian terror suspects is illegal and violates international law.

Sources at the Ministry of Defense said that Mofaz’ comments are not an attempt to subvert the Court’s decision, adding that the defense minister intends to use democratic means to revoke the ruling.

According to defense officials, the Israel Defense Forces made use of the ‘human shield’ procedure on 1,200 occasions over the last five years, and only on one occasion did a Palestinian civilian get hurt.

An 18-year-old Palestinian was killed in 2002 during one such operation.

Mofaz instructed the IDF to freeze the use of the ‘human shield’ and ‘early warning’ procedures in its arrest operations in the territories until the Court holds a new hearing on the issue.​

Israeli soldiers who used Palestinian boy, 9, as a human shield avoid jail

Mother says suspended sentences and demotions for forcing her son to check bag for bombs at gunpoint are 'a scandal'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/21/israeli-soldiers-human-shield-avoid-jail

Two Israeli soldiers who used a nine-year-old Palestinian boy as a human shield were given suspended sentences and demoted after being convicted of "inappropriate conduct".

The unnamed soldiers, from the Givati Brigade, ordered Majeh Rabah, from the Tel al-Hawa neighbourhood in Gaza City, to check bags for explosives in January 2009, towards the end of Israel's three-week offensive.

The pair, who completed their compulsory military service 18 months ago, were convicted last month after a closed military trial that became a cause celebre among soldiers who claim they are being victimised following international criticism over Israel's actions during the war.

The Israel Defence Force handbook forbids the use of human shields, known as "neighbour procedure”.

Israel: Soldiers’ Punishment for Using Boy as ‘Human Shield’ Inadequate

http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/11/26/israel-soldiers-punishment-using-boy-human-shield-inadequate

An Israeli military court's sentence on November 21, 2010, for two soldiers found guilty of using a Palestinian boy as a "human shield" during the 2008-09 offensive in Gaza appears inadequate considering the gravity of the offense, Human Rights Watch said today.

"The slap on the wrist for these soldiers is another slap in the face for the victims of violations during Operation Cast Lead," said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. "Not only do these sentences seem unjustifiably lenient, but two years later, they are the only sentences Israel has handed down for serious human rights violations among the many alleged during the Gaza offensive."

The court ruling, which demoted two staff sergeants to the rank of sergeant and gave them suspended three-month sentences, sends a dangerous signal that the Israeli military justice system will not seriously sanction soldiers convicted for offenses that are war crimes under international law, Human Rights Watch said.

The Israeli southern command military court indicted the two staff sergeants in March for separating nine-year-old Majed R. from his mother and ordering him at gunpoint to open bags suspected of containing booby-trapped bombs in the Tel al-Hawa neighborhood, south of Gaza City, on January 15, 2009. No explosives were found. The court convicted the soldiers in October of "exceeding authority to the point of endangering life or health," which carries a maximum sentence of three years in prison, and the disciplinary offense of "conduct unbecoming" a commander.

The laws of war applicable during the Gaza offensive prohibit as a war crime the deliberate use of civilians to shield against enemy attack. Shielding is prohibited under Article 28 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which applies to Gaza as an occupied territory. The First Additional Protocol to the Geneva Conventions, which reflects customary international law generally and in this instance, says that, "Individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favor or impede military operations."​

Palestinian children tortured, used as shields by Israel: U.N.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/20/us-palestinian-israel-children-idUSBRE95J0FR20130620

A United Nations human rights body accused Israeli forces on Thursday of mistreating Palestinian children, including by torturing those in custody and using others as human shields.

Palestinian children in the Gaza and the West Bank, captured by Israel in the 1967 war, are routinely denied registration of their birth and access to health care, decent schools and clean water, the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child said.

"Palestinian children arrested by (Israeli) military and police are systematically subject to degrading treatment, and often to acts of torture, are interrogated in Hebrew, a language they did not understand, and sign confessions in Hebrew in order to be released," it said in a report.

"Hundreds of Palestinian children have been killed and thousands injured over the reporting period as a result of the [Israeli] state party military operations, especially in Gaza where the state party proceeded to (conduct) air and naval strikes on densely populated areas with a significant presence of children, thus disregarding the principles of proportionality and distinction," the report said.

During the 10-year period, an estimated 7,000 Palestinian children aged 12 to 17, but some as young as nine, had been arrested, interrogated and detained, the U.N. report said.

Many are brought in leg chains and shackles before military courts, while youths are held in solitary confinement, sometimes for months, the report said.

It voiced deep concern at the "continuous use of Palestinian children as human shields and informants", saying 14 such cases had been reported between January 2010 and March 2013 alone.

Israeli soldiers had used Palestinian children to enter potentially dangerous buildings before them and to stand in front of military vehicles to deter stone-throwing, it said.

"Almost all those using children as human shields and informants have remained unpunished and the soldiers convicted for having forced at gunpoint a nine-year-old child to search bags suspected of containing explosives only received a suspended sentence of three months and were demoted," it said.

Jeremy Bowen's Gaza notebook: I saw no evidence of Hamas using Palestinians as human shields

The BBC's Middle East editor reports from Gaza.

http://www.newstatesman.com/world-a...aw-no-evidence-hamas-using-palestinians-human

Palestinians who live in Gaza often call it the world’s biggest prison. They mean that about 1.8 million people live in a small strip of land, and most of them are not allowed out by Israel and Egypt, which control the border crossings. In Gaza, the human spirit is strong and it can be a surprisingly cheerful prison, but not now, of course.

I was back in London for my son’s 11th birthday party by the time all those people were killed in Shejaiya. But my impression of Hamas is different from Netanyahu’s. I saw no evidence during my week in Gaza of Israel’s accusation that Hamas uses Palestinians as human shields. I saw men from Hamas on street corners, keeping an eye on what was happening. They were local people and everyone knew them, even the young boys. Raji Sourani, the director of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights in Gaza, told me that Hamas, whatever you think of it, is part of the Palestinian DNA.

When I left Gaza, Palestinian rockets were landing uncomfortably close to Erez crossing. When the alert sounded, our Israeli driver leapt out, leaving the engine running, and took cover behind a wall. It is very frightening to be caught up in a rocket attack like that. Israeli civilians have been protected by the Iron Dome anti-missile system, by a big investment in civil defence (in the border town of Sderot, even the bus stops double as bomb shelters) and because their people are trained from childhood about how to take cover.

But it is wrong to suggest that Israeli civilians near Gaza suffer as much as Palestinians. It is much, much worse in Gaza. I defy anyone with an ounce of human feeling not to feel the same after ten minutes in Gaza’s Shifa Hospital with wounded and dying civilians. In the mortuary, it’s so overcrowded that the bodies of two children are crammed on to a single shelf. One day, they had only found enough of the remains of six women and children to fill a single stretcher.​

IDF TO INVESTIGATE COMPLAINTS OF CRIMINAL CONDUCT BY ITS FORCES DURING OPERATION CAST LEAD

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09TELAVIV1694_a.html

26 SOLDIERS WHO WERE THERE

2. (C) The allegations of criminal conduct by various organizations such as Human Rights Watch and the International Red Cross have been persistent since the conclusion of "Cast Lead" in January 2009. Individual Palestinians also testified to IDF abuses such as looting, beatings, vandalism of property and the use of the local population as human shields. But by far the strongest reverbration in Israel was that created by the Israeli organization "Breaking the Silence", which collected testimony from 26 unnamed IDF soldiers. All of the soldiers had been involved in Operation Cast Lead in the Gaza Strip, and testified to instances where Gazans were used as human shields, incendiary phosphorous shells were fired over civilian population areas, and other examples of excessive firepower that caused unnecessary fatalities and destruction of property.

Contrast

HS.jpg

21. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Is Israel a country?

22. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

What is that shoe on their head?
    Pardon me, I'm ignorant of what it could be.

23. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

It is religious headwear.

Tefillin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

Tefillin (Askhenazic: /ˈtfɪlᵻn/; Israeli Hebrew: [tfiˈlin], תפילין), also called phylacteries (/fɪˈlæktəriːz/ from Ancient Greek φυλακτήριον phylacterion, form of phylássein, φυλάσσειν meaning "to guard, protect"), are a set of small black leather boxes containing scrolls of parchment inscribed with verses from the Torah. They are worn by male observant Jews during weekday morning prayers.

Although "tefillin" is technically the plural form (the singular being "tefillah"), it is loosely used as a singular as well.[1] The arm-tefillin, or shel yad, is placed on the upper arm, and the strap wrapped around the arm/hand, hand and fingers; while the head-tefillin, or shel rosh, is placed above the forehead. The Torah commands that they should be worn to serve as a "sign" and "remembrance" that God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt.

The scriptural texts for tefillin are obscure in literal meaning. For example, Deuteronomy 11:18 is one of the standard texts referenced as supporting the obligation, but does not designate what specifically to "bind upon your arm," and the definition of totafot between your eyes is not obvious. It is the Talmud, the authoritative oral traditionfor Rabbinic Judaism, which explains what are to be bound to the body and the form of tefillin.[2]

24. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Thanks.
    One of the most unusual religious ornament I have seen. Saw one a month ago at airport, happened to be Anime convention there, I thought it was Costume Play (some ware costume while traveling)

25. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

You accuse Jess13 of equating Jews with Israelis and at the same time you lump Anti Semitism with criticism of Israel. It really does not matter that "Palestine has zero respect for life, women, homosexuals, anything resembling freedom" is true or not, the only thing that matters it that Zionists stole their land.

If we dissect "Palestine has zero respect for life, women, homosexuals, anything resembling freedom" further, all those can be applied to Israel as well.
    Respect for life, just look at all the wars that Israel started,
    Women, segregated buses for women, women having to sit at the back of the bus and many other Sharia like policies
    homosexuals, No as bad as muslims but not quite up to western standards
    anything resembling freedom. When you have Apartheid laws, I can't see you having freedom.