Aperture - Book Preview cuts off the edges of pages

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kevyn, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Kevyn macrumors newbie

Hello, I am trying to create a photo book in Aperture. I have the layout all finalized, but when I create a PDF preview, the edges of the pages have a white border that cuts off the edges of the photos.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Above is what the page looks like in Apeture, and below that is what it looks like in Preview

[​IMG]

You can see how it cuts off. The little girl is almost completely cut off in the top left photo. Does anyone know why it would be doing this?

Thanks for the help.

2. Kevyn thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind. I figured out this only happens with the "Print it yourself" option. The preview you get when ordering from Apple gives the proper cropping.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

My guess is that has something to do with the margins. Your printer probably can't print all the way to the edge of the page, and Preview knows that. When Apple prints it, their printers can do it right

4. initialsBB macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Have you checked your page setup menu ?

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I know you figured it out...

I printed a softcover book and some of the photos were cut off. Mostly the ones in the fold of the book. So you may want to move everything over a bit.