Aplle stores?

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by hockey6773
We desbretly need one in southern new jersrey
There are 2 if not more in New Jersey as it is. I think. I know there is at least one though. It's not a big state, just drive on over to it. There are other places in the country that have NO apple store and could use one.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Well, I'm lucky!

I am right around the center of (I think) three Apple stores. I live about five miles outside of Woodcliff Lake, which has a mall with an Apple Store, in Nanuet, NY (10 miles) I think there is a store, and in the Big Apple I think there is a store. So I can visit three places in case one of them closes!

I think Apple should open up Apple stores in any town or city with at least 12000 people, and at least two in every state. When I move to Maine in a few years there had better be one in Portland.

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by hockey6773
We desbretly need one in southern new jersrey
where do you live in jersey cause i live in ocean county and every one here are pc geeks

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
Re: Well, I'm lucky!

Originally posted by King Cobra
I am right around the center of (I think) three Apple stores. I live about five miles outside of Woodcliff Lake, which has a mall with an Apple Store, in Nanuet, NY (10 miles) I think there is a store, and in the Big Apple I think there is a store. So I can visit three places in case one of them closes!

I think Apple should open up Apple stores in any town or city with at least 12000 people, and at least two in every state. When I move to Maine in a few years there had better be one in Portland.
the one in the big apple is supposed to be finished in july

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by krossfyter

That would be simply amazing!
It would wouldn't it!

Actually I'd rather see McDonalds being as common as Apple Stores. McDonalds is like a plague that has infested every single small town and most foreign countries. They've put small Mom-&-Pop burger joints out of business...hmmm, sounds familiar...I think MS and McDonalds are part of the same governmental plot to make mindless, fat automatons out everyone in the world!

Or not...;)

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Originally posted by blakespot
I'm surprised that I've got two Apple Stores within 20 minutes of each other, here in the northern Virginia area.

blakespot
Yup, we're pretty lucky. I was at the Tyson's opening last year. Never been to the other one, too much traffic around there.

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by dricci

Yup, we're pretty lucky. I was at the Tyson's opening last year. Never been to the other one, too much traffic around there.
They're both rather nice. The Clarendon one has a nicer overall feel, being in a brand new "town center" type arrangement with a Barnes and Nobel right next door.

blakespot

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
<sarcasm>
We need another one here in SD, 'cuz the one here is 4 whole miles from my house!
</sarcasm>

What's the deal with the 4 in the LA area anyway? :rolleyes:

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
According to Apple's job Page, the following Communities are on the list at present; (Sorry if any of these are already open)

Edina-Southdale, MN, USA
Garden City-Roosevelt Field, NY, USA
Manhattan-SoHo, NY, USA
Pasadena-Colorado Blvd, CA, USA
Los Angeles-Farmers Market, CA, USA
Novi-Twelve Oaks, MI, USA
Atlanta-Lenox Square, GA, USA
Denver-Cherry Creek, CO, USA
Short Hills-Short Hills, NJ, USA
Wellington-Wellington Green, FL, USA
Clarendon-Market Common, VA, USA
Syracuse-Carousel Center, NY, USA
Phoenix-Biltmore Fashion Park, AZ, USA

TEG

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Does anyone know what they require from someone to work at one of these apple stores?

Details please....inside info if possible...anything.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Wait till they open

I applied for the Manhatten store but didnt here anything back. I know I am qualified but I think its better to just apply in person. Problem is its nowhere near done so there is nobody to talk to. Guess I'll wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.