Apologies in advance... One more thread about Presidential choices

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CalWizrd, Jun 6, 2016.

1. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I'm just so tired of reading all of the threads about how terrible Trump is, or how terrible Clinton is.

Let's face it folks... they both suck big time.

A Hillary win would give us a continuation of the worst from Obama combined with the worst from Bush, with perhaps some more corrupt practices thrown in.

A Donald win would give us... God knows, but I don't think it would be real good.

We can keep arguing about how one or the other will do this or that, or has done this or that, but the bottom line is that one of them will be the next President of the US.

We are so f**ked.

2. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Haha that's funny. I've been asking for months on why people debate who's worse instead of asking why don't we have real candidates besides of the presented two options. After a while you figure it out. It's easier to complain about who you don't like then to actually do something about something that doesn't work.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is not like we choose who will try out is it? americans are stuck on only the two parties and nothing else will get past yet.

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Joe Biden may appear at the last minute... if justice prevails, taking out evil woman.

5. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Hillary winning means she gets the support from congress and other nations to continually slaughter the Middle East as she sees fit

Trump winning means congress and other nations oppose the slaughter and less people need to flee their homes due to our stupid FP

6. SusanK macrumors 68000

Oh, how I wish.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you have no clue what trump will do and this is not what this is about. focus on the subject please for once.

8. CalWizrd thread starter Suspended

CalWizrd

I'll bet it was a gem!

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

no just ranting about clinton and how great the trump would be same old stuff.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Yes

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Some people never get things, no matter he many times its explained so I'm letting it go

12. LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

Sounds like the show keeps getting better and better.

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I see Hillary as the lesser of two evil choices. Like Calwizrd said, her policies mirror the worst of our previous two presidents, and her tenure in office will only bring about more of the same crony politics we've all grown so sick of over the last 16 odd years.

But that makes her the devil we know. Plus, she's far from stupid, and won't go out of control at the slightest provocation.

...I can't say the same of Trump.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Was it really necessary to restate what's been said dozens of times already on PRSI? Did you wake up this morning with this epiphany?

15. CalWizrd thread starter Suspended

CalWizrd

Yes, it was necessary, since individuals such as yourself keep responding to posts about one candidate by saying the other is terrible.

Let me ask you a very simple question... Do you think a Donald Trump presidency would be a good thing for this country to endure? (BTW, you are not allowed to mention HRC in your answer)

P.S. I often wake up with epiphanies. At my age, it's about the only thing I can wake up with anymore.

16. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Oh, so that's the rule? Then it's necessary for me to post repeated topics about how terrible Hillary is. Then you can repeat your postings. Full employment! Thank Trump.

He can't be worse than BHO, so there's that. He's a top-notch negotiator and he's mostly conservative. And he's a billionaire who's been scrutinized so closely over the years that his billions are probably clean.

And he wants to secure our Southern Border.

All good things.

Wonderful. Excuse me while I go hunt up a Horrible Hillary topic to post.

17. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Neither of them will be as bad as some posters are predicting. Likewise, neither of them will be as good as some posters are predicting.

In any case, I'm predicting that the government will continue to grow, the deficit will continue to grow, and 1/2 the population will disagree with whomever is elected (even if it wasn't Trump or Clinton).

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

How can she be far from stupid if she supports the same failed policies? Things ARE already out of control in the M-E

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Proposing ilegal or impossible things is somehow better? Thinking you know. More then anyone else is not extremely dangerous?

20. CalWizrd thread starter Suspended

CalWizrd

Hmm. A rather incomprehensible response. But I guess it makes sense to you.

You're really funny. I said not to mention HRC in your response, so you had no choice but mention BHO. You do know he's not running again, right?

"He's a top-notch negotiator" According to who, other than his own ranting?

"He's mostly conservative" Since he announced his candidacy, anyway.

"His billions are probably clean" I guess you're not a New Yorker.

"he wants to secure our Southern Border" With a great big wall. A fantastic strategy.

And yet another incomprehensible response.

Good night.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Because...

A. American politics is all about very smart people doing very stupid things over and over and over again.

B. As nice as it'd be to pull out of the ME and never look back, it's not a realistically feasible option. We've now officially mettled with the region to the point of no return. We pick up stakes, and all we'll do is create yet another power vacuum where ISIS will thrive, and grow into something worse.

...and you think the refugee situation is bad now? It could be so much worse.

22. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

We arm their rebels and bomb their nations. WE make things worse

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

And leaving will make things worse by this point. We're damned we do, damned if we don't.

24. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

You assume as much. We have not tried leaving