App Store not refreshing to show new updates?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rob25255, Oct 9, 2012.

1. rob25255 macrumors regular

rob25255

Am I the only one that in order to check for app updates on my iphone 5 or iPad 3 (all running ios 6) I have to quit the App Store on each device and then relaunch it to display any new updates?

It doesn't seem to refresh on its own if I am searching on the App Store or have it sitting in the bottom multitasking dock. I have to manually close it and reopen it every time to check of there are new app updates?

Any advice or feedback would be hugely welcomed!

Thanks Rob

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

It's been the opposite for me. Since upgrading both iOS and iP5, my updates have been much better.

3. L-Tuned macrumors regular

Have you try to reboot it? that happened to my 4 with iOS6 and it hasn't happen again since I reboot it. :apple:

4. rob25255 thread starter macrumors regular

rob25255

Thanks for the reply. Wish I knew what the problem was. It will let me install them without a password which is great but it's such a hassle having to keep quitting and re opening the App Store to check for new updates!

----------

Yep tried rebooting numerous times. Seems to happen more when I'm connected to certain wifi routers I think.

Weird that say I'm searching in the top charts and then head over to the update/purchased section nothing new shows up there even if there are ones waiting to be updated on my mac hence having to quit the App Store and re opening the update section.

5. schizbomb macrumors 6502

Unlike previous versions, the new App Store is alerting me without me manually checking.

6. RNVarma macrumors regular

I do have this problem intermittently on my iPad 3. Sometimes it'll detect an update is available before I open the App Store app, but other times, if I know an update is available and try to refresh the App Store app, it doesn't show it. Then I have to manually remove the app from memory and restart it.

7. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The iOS 6 App Store is absolutely slow and buggy. It's THE app that makes me feel that I got an Android :(

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

lately yes i have had to go into app store for updates to appear.