App Store not refreshing to show new updates?

rob25255

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
London
Am I the only one that in order to check for app updates on my iphone 5 or iPad 3 (all running ios 6) I have to quit the App Store on each device and then relaunch it to display any new updates?

It doesn't seem to refresh on its own if I am searching on the App Store or have it sitting in the bottom multitasking dock. I have to manually close it and reopen it every time to check of there are new app updates?

Any advice or feedback would be hugely welcomed!

Thanks Rob

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Have you try to reboot it? that happened to my 4 with iOS6 and it hasn't happen again since I reboot it. :apple:

Comment

rob25255

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
London
It's been the opposite for me. Since upgrading both iOS and iP5, my updates have been much better.
Thanks for the reply. Wish I knew what the problem was. It will let me install them without a password which is great but it's such a hassle having to keep quitting and re opening the App Store to check for new updates!

----------

Have you try to reboot it? that happened to my 4 with iOS6 and it hasn't happen again since I reboot it. :apple:
Yep tried rebooting numerous times. Seems to happen more when I'm connected to certain wifi routers I think.

Weird that say I'm searching in the top charts and then head over to the update/purchased section nothing new shows up there even if there are ones waiting to be updated on my mac hence having to quit the App Store and re opening the update section.

Comment

rajivvarma

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
I do have this problem intermittently on my iPad 3. Sometimes it'll detect an update is available before I open the App Store app, but other times, if I know an update is available and try to refresh the App Store app, it doesn't show it. Then I have to manually remove the app from memory and restart it.

Comment

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
Am I the only one that in order to check for app updates on my iphone 5 or iPad 3 (all running ios 6) I have to quit the App Store on each device and then relaunch it to display any new updates?

It doesn't seem to refresh on its own if I am searching on the App Store or have it sitting in the bottom multitasking dock. I have to manually close it and reopen it every time to check of there are new app updates?

Any advice or feedback would be hugely welcomed!

Thanks Rob
The iOS 6 App Store is absolutely slow and buggy. It's THE app that makes me feel that I got an Android :(

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.