App Store purchase not showing for other iOS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lokerd, Oct 28, 2011.

1. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I have a new iP4s in which I paid for an app...actually, several apps now.

I am trying to install iton my older iP4 that my wife is now carrying, but the App Store is listing the price and it looks like I need to pay for it again.

I have connected them to the same computer and backed up and transferred purchases, but it still does not show up.

OTH, it does show up on my iPad as purchased.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Check Settings - Store and make sure it's set up on the same Apple ID?

3. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Thanks for the suggestion. I did just double check. Still no luck. :-(

4. rworne macrumors 6502

I see this a lot on my multiple devices.

1. Make sure you are on the right iTunes account.
    2. Go ahead an purchase the app (pick a 99 cent one if you don't believe me)
    3. Go through the motions of purchasing it, including your password and the security code on your credit card (used to authorize a new iOS device)
    4. At the last second (right before the app downloads) you get a popup message stating the app was already purchased and will download for free.

Enjoy.

5. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Thanks! You were right on the money on this.

What about an app that I got when it was free?

Like, I got DerManDar when it was free. There I an upgrade. On one device, my new iPhone, I got the update. But on my older iPhone, the one I have been having trouble with, it is saying it will be 1.99.

Do you think it will catch it at the last minute like the others that I have actually paid money for?

6. rworne macrumors 6502

My only experience with that is with Navigon and a couple other apps. If I repurchase the in-app purchases, they do the same thing.

This does not apply for "consumable" in-app purchases. So this shouldn't work for Smurfberries and other games that want you to buy in-game money. It probably doesn't work for subscriptions either.