App store should remove password for paid apps.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
As long as it's on a regular device, there shouldn't be a password for paid apps.. there's a small risk of people charging your cc / itunes credit but iTunes support should be able to fix it.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
As long as it's on a regular device, there shouldn't be a password for paid apps.. there's a small risk of people charging your cc / itunes credit but iTunes support should be able to fix it.
and then i lend my iPad to my niece, and suddenly I have 37 games about pink ponies on my iPad which iPaidfor, no thank you.

And for the iTunes support, we suddenly get free trail for everything, they don't want that.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
no password for free apps makes sense, but paid apps....I think most people would not want that

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
no password for free apps makes sense, but paid apps....I think most people would not want that
Agreed, that would make more sense
What is the problem in putting in a password?
I even disagree with this. Many free apps these days can still costs exorbitant amounts of cash via in-app purchases. (If i dont want to have to disable that for myself). I see no hassle and only benefits of typing in my password whenever I need to download something.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It is barely a PITA to type in a password, I say leave it. I wish, however, that when the App updates it doesn't take you out of the store. It's pointless.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I even disagree with this. Many free apps these days can still costs exorbitant amounts of cash via in-app purchases. (If i dont want to have to disable that for myself). I see no hassle and only benefits of typing in my password whenever I need to download something.
I am not advocating either
The PITA of typing my password is nothing compared to the PITA of trying to get charges take off IMO

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I agree that updates shouldn't require a password. But aside from that I don't mind it.

I keep my phone password protected and don't lend it to anyone unless they are just making a phone call or something.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I think it should at least be an option. If you are truly the only person who uses your phone, then it would be a nice feature.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
It is barely a PITA to type in a password, I say leave it. I wish, however, that when the App updates it doesn't take you out of the store. It's pointless.
iOS 6, it's coming

I agree that updates shouldn't require a password. But aside from that I don't mind it.

I keep my phone password protected and don't lend it to anyone unless they are just making a phone call or something.
iOS 6, it's coming