Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated its System Status page to reflect ongoing issues with all store services, including the App Store on iOS devices, Mac App Store, tvOS App Store on Apple TV, and app-related Volume Purchase Program for business customers.

apple-system-status-aug-31.jpg

Apple notes that some users may be unable to access the aforementioned stores or services or make purchases in the United States, Canada, and other regions. The issues began around 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Update: Apple's System Status page now shows that all store services have been restored as of shortly after 6:30 a.m. Pacific Time.

Article Link: App Stores Experiencing Issues on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV [Resolved]

tilleynj

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2014
NJ
I was wondering why apple music kept stopping on my Mac. iTunes kept bringing me to the iTunes Store tab and stopping playback, but never loading anything in the window.

Princejb134

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Been having issues with App Store for about 2 months now. Usually when I close the app and reopen it works again

Tuci

Suspended
Sep 10, 2015
Asked me for a password out of the blue and reported that it can't connect.

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
I was experiencing problems last night. One episode of a TV series wouldn't play on my Apple TV but it would play on my iPhone. I figured it was an Apple-side issue, so it is nice to see some confirmation.

KrazyBear15

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
South Dakota
These issues actually started for me around 12:00 noon CST yesterday and have continued until now on my iPhone SE. Glad it's not just me.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Obviously retaliation and a not-too-subtle reminder of who owns whom due to the EU verdict.

You say you want 14.5B in back taxes? Oh looky here... seems our data center has just gone down...

/sarcasm/

That would be funny if the person that made the decision was an Apple user, but I can't imagine that is the case.... I bet she is paid off by Samsung, Microsoft or Blackberry, and uses one of their devices. :p

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
started at 5am? Apple never acknowledges issues when they actually happen...

I was having issues downloading iOS app updates (via iTunes) yesterday late afternoon...fine today (apps that wouldn't download yesterday downloaded fine today).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.