App that places Icon in Status Bar for Missed Calls + Unread Emails?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HickDead, Mar 28, 2012.

1. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Looking for a tweak/app that places an ICON in the 'Status Bar' for:

-Missed Phone Calls/Voicemail
    -Unread Emails

(BiteSMS already places one for text messages, so I don't need one for that)

I've stumbled upon a couple of apps in Cydia called OpenNotifier and StatusNotifier....but I haven't found any reliable reviews of either app.

Has anyone used any of the above apps or can recommend something BETTER?

Thanks.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I use IntelliScreenX and it does what you want and much much more. It's considered a bit pricey but it's by far my favourite jailbreak app/tweak.

3. freshman1771 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know or have experience about whether it will conflict with Springtomize 2, SBsettings, BBsettings?

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Whether what will conflict with what? If you're talking about IntelliScreenX then no, it and Springtomize 2 work great together. I've been using both for a while now and haven't had any issues.

5. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Thanks but I prefer something *other* than ISX (I should have mentioned that in my initial post - sorry). Price is not an issue, but I'm looking for something LITE and not a "battery hog."

Surprised that Springtomize 2 does NOT have this feature.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I don't think ISX is a battery hog if you turn off the auto refresh for twitter, facebook and RSS. I don't even have those turned on at all.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

These are what I use. They both work for me. The only reason really is because I'm still on iOS4.1, but other than that I've always stuck with these combinations. Granted, I did change some of the statusbar icons but you might favor them (they're not bad since they were all remade before initial 4.x upgrade).

8. henrylkr macrumors member

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

After reading your comment I decided to go get it and also bought the premium logo pack and I really like it! I was using an android phone for 2 weeks a while ago and I kinda missed these status bar icons.

10. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Same here! Great little app. Works perfectly for what I was looking for. Like the premium logo pack as well. Nicely done.

11. 3bs, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I just updated to version 1.2 of OpenNotifier Premium Pack and now all it's icons are gone and I'm left with only the 5 stock OpenNotifier icons. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: the custom icons I used from the pack seem to still be working and showing up in the status bar even though they don't show up when I look for them in the open notifier settings.

12. rtk86 macrumors member

I use notifier+ and it does the job with no complaints.

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I've already paid for this icon pack and it was working fine until this new update. I don't see any icon packs for notifier+?

14. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Tried Notifier+ but prefer OpenNotifier.

----------

Have you tried DELETING the 'Premium Pack' from Cydia and re-installing?

15. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I had only tried reinstalling but now I tried deleting but still no success.

16. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

After deletion, did you respring or immediately re-install?

Sorry man, I'm just trying to make sure that you covered all the bases. This is strange. Try contacting the author if all else fails.

I purchased the 'premium pack as well' but realized that I didn't need it so I removed it after a few seconds (this was a couple of days ago).

also what "UPDATE" are you referring to? OpenNotifier app or the Premium Pack?

17. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I just deleted again, resprang, installed but still.

You don't need the pack but it adds some nice icons. I emailed the dev but I'm still waiting for his reply. Today an update (version 1.2) for the OpenNotifier Premium Pack was pushed so I updated.